Saturday, December 12, 2015
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The New York Islanders travel to Nationwide Arena to play the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday, December 12, 2015. The opening line for this game has the Islanders at -135 and the Blue Jackets at +122. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
New York comes into this matchup having played 29 games. They have an overall record of 16-8-5 and on the road they have a record of 6-4-3. Currently they are 3rd in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 82 goals and given up 70 goals for a point differential of +12. Columbus shows up with a record of 11-17-2 including 4-7-2 at home this season. They are 8th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 72 goals and surrendered 90 for a goal differential of -18.
John Tavares has accumulated 22 total points this season for the Islanders. He has 12 goals this season with 76 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 16%. He has a total of 10 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Kyle Okposo has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 6 goals on 57 shots. He has 16 assists giving him a total of 22 points on the season. Thomas Greiss has 8 wins and 3 losses this season in net for the Islanders. He has had 391 shots against him and has given up 28 goals. He has made 363 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Ryan Johansen has accumulated 22 total points this season for the Blue Jackets. He has 6 goals this season with 76 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 16 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Scott Hartnell has averaged 16 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 20% by scoring 12 goals on 59 shots. He has 9 assists giving him a total of 21 points on the season. Sergei Bobrovsky has 11 wins and 12 losses this season in net for the Blue Jackets. He has had 713 shots against him and has given up 60 goals. He has made 653 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Islanders have 37 total points this season. They have scored 79 goals while giving up 68 goals. They have had 76 power play opportunities and have scored 16 goals on those chances for a percentage of 21%. The Islanders have allowed 89 power play opportunities and given up 13 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 85%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.25% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Blue Jackets have a total of 24 points on the season. They have 18 power play goals on 98 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 18%. They have allowed 104 power play opportunities and have given up 19 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. As a team, the Islanders have a total of 72 goals scored while they've given up 89 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.29%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
New York Islanders Betting Trends
The New York Islanders are 13-13 straight up
The New York Islanders are 10-16-3 against the over/under
Columbus Blue Jackets Betting Trends
The Columbus Blue Jackets are 11-19 straight up
The Columbus Blue Jackets are 12-15-3 against the over/under
New York Islanders Injuries
12/09/15 RW Cal Clutterbuck Upper Body "?" Saturday vs. Columbus
11/28/15 GO Jean-Francois Berube Lower Body out indefinitely
Columbus Blue Jackets Injuries
12/09/15 GO Sergei Bobrovsky Groin expected to miss 3-4 weeks
12/08/15 RW Jared Boll Foot out indefinitely
12/08/15 RW Rene Bourque Upper Body out indefinitely
11/30/15 LW Markus Hannikainen Shoulder expected to miss 2 months
11/21/15 D Cody Goloubef Jaw expected to miss 6 weeks
Guy's Pick: Take New York
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.