Saturday, October 24, 2015
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The New York Islanders travel to Scottrade Center to play the St. Louis Blues on Saturday, October 24, 2015. The opening line for this game has the Islanders at +137 and the Blues at -151. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
New York comes into this matchup having played 6 games. They have an overall record of 4-1-1 and on the road they have a record of 1-1-0. Currently they are 3rd in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 21 goals and given up 15 goals for a point differential of +6. St. Louis shows up with a record of 5-2-0 including 1-0-0 at home this season. They are 3rd in the Central Division. They've scored 21 goals and surrendered 17 for a goal differential of +4.
John Tavares has accumulated 9 total points this season for the Islanders. He has 4 goals this season with 19 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 21%. He has a total of 5 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Kyle Okposo is averaging 16 minutes of ice time per contest this season. Over that span he has a shooting percentage of 13% by getting 2 goals by way of 16 shots. He has tallied 4 assists giving him a total of 6 points for the year. Thomas Greiss has 2 wins and 0 losses on the year in net for the Islanders. He has given up 8 goals on the 106 shots he has faced. He has 98 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Vladimir Tarasenko has accumulated 9 total points this season for the Blues. He has 5 goals this season with 32 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 16%. He has a total of 4 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Alex Steen is averaging 20 minutes of ice time per contest. Over that span he has a shooting percentage of 12% by getting 3 goals by way of 26 shots. He has tallied 4 assists giving him a total of 7 points for the year. Jake Allen has 1 win and 2 losses on the year in net for the Blues. He has given up 9 goals on the 89 shots he has faced. He has 80 saves for a save percentage of 90%.
The Islanders have 9 total points this season. They have scored 21 goals while giving up 15 goals. They have had 16 power play opportunities and have scored 3 goals on those chances for a percentage of 19%. The Islanders have allowed 23 power play opportunities and given up 3 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 87%. They average 33 shots per game and as a team are shooting 10.50% for the season to this point. They allow 34 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 93%.
The Blues have a total of 10 points on the season. They have 4 power play goals on 24 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 17%. They have allowed 29 power play opportunities and have given up 5 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. As a team, the Islanders have a total of 21 goals scored while they've given up 17 goals to this point. They average 33 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.09%. As a team they give up 27 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
New York Islanders Betting Trends
The New York Islanders are 4-2 straight up
The New York Islanders are 3-3-0 against the over/under
St. Louis Blues Betting Trends
The St. Louis Blues are 5-2 straight up
The St. Louis Blues are 4-2-1 against the over/under
New York Islanders Injuries
10/17/15 LW Eric Boulton Lower Body out indefinitely
St. Louis Blues Injuries
10/21/15 C Paul Stastny Foot expected to miss 4-6 weeks
10/20/15 D Kevin Shattenkirk Groin "?" Saturday vs NY Islanders
10/13/15 C Robert Fabbri Concussion out indefinitely
10/07/15 C Patrik Berglund Shoulder out 3 months
Guy's Pick: Take St. Louis
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.