Tuesday, December 22, 2015
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Ottawa Senators travel to BB&T Center to play the Florida Panthers on Tuesday, December 22, 2015. The opening line for this game has the Senators at +115 and the Panthers at -127. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Ottawa comes into this matchup having played 34 games. They have an overall record of 17-12-5 and on the road they have a record of 8-8-1. Currently they are 5th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 104 goals and given up 102 goals for a point differential of +2. Florida shows up with a record of 18-12-4 including 8-6-2 at home this season. They are 4th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 93 goals and surrendered 80 for a goal differential of +13.
Erik Karlsson has accumulated 37 total points this season for the Senators. He has 9 goals this season with 86 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 28 assists on the season and averages 28 minutes played per game. Kyle Turris has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 13 goals on 85 shots. He has 13 assists giving him a total of 26 points on the season. Craig Anderson has 15 wins and 9 losses this season in net for the Senators. He has had 894 shots against him and has given up 75 goals. He has made 819 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Jaromir Jagr has accumulated 24 total points this season for the Panthers. He has 10 goals this season with 58 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 17%. He has a total of 14 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Vincent Trocheck has averaged 17 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 17% by scoring 10 goals on 60 shots. He has 11 assists giving him a total of 21 points on the season. Roberto Luongo has 13 wins and 11 losses this season in net for the Panthers. He has had 813 shots against him and has given up 61 goals. He has made 752 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
The Senators have 39 total points this season. They have scored 101 goals while giving up 99 goals. They have had 106 power play opportunities and have scored 20 goals on those chances for a percentage of 19%. The Senators have allowed 113 power play opportunities and given up 26 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 77%. They average 28 shots per game and as a team are shooting 10.60% for the season to this point. They allow 34 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Panthers have a total of 40 points on the season. They have 22 power play goals on 113 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 19%. They have allowed 106 power play opportunities and have given up 20 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. As a team, the Senators have a total of 89 goals scored while they've given up 79 goals to this point. They average 28 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.34%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Ottawa Senators Betting Trends
The Ottawa Senators are 14-17 straight up
The Ottawa Senators are 17-17-0 against the over/under
Florida Panthers Betting Trends
The Florida Panthers are 14-16 straight up
The Florida Panthers are 12-14-8 against the over/under
Ottawa Senators Injuries
12/02/15 LW Milan Michalek Finger out indefinitely
10/28/15 D Mikael Wikstrand Suspension out indefinitely
10/16/15 LW Clarke MacArthur Concussion out indefinitely
10/08/15 D Chris Phillips Back likely out for season
Florida Panthers Injuries
12/21/15 C Derek MacKenzie Knee is upgraded to probable Tuesday vs. Ottawa
12/14/15 D Steven Kampfer Knee out indefinitely
12/07/15 C Nick Bjugstad Migraine out indefinitely
11/28/15 D Alex Petrovic Ankle out indefinitely
Guy's Pick: Take Ottawa
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.