Saturday, December 19, 2015
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Philadelphia Flyers travel to Nationwide Arena to play the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday, December 19, 2015. The opening line for this game has the Flyers at -105 and the Blue Jackets at -115. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Philadelphia comes into this matchup having played 32 games. They have an overall record of 14-12-6 and on the road they have a record of 7-7-2. Currently they are 5th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 68 goals and given up 86 goals for a point differential of -18. Columbus shows up with a record of 12-19-3 including 4-8-3 at home this season. They are 8th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 83 goals and surrendered 105 for a goal differential of -22.
Claude Giroux has accumulated 28 total points this season for the Flyers. He has 11 goals this season with 87 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He has a total of 17 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Wayne Simmonds has averaged 16 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 9% by scoring 7 goals on 75 shots. He has 10 assists giving him a total of 17 points on the season. Steve Mason has 6 wins and 8 losses this season in net for the Flyers. He has had 543 shots against him and has given up 48 goals. He has made 495 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Ryan Johansen has accumulated 22 total points this season for the Blue Jackets. He has 6 goals this season with 78 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 16 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Scott Hartnell has averaged 16 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 19% by scoring 13 goals on 70 shots. He has 12 assists giving him a total of 25 points on the season. Sergei Bobrovsky has 11 wins and 12 losses this season in net for the Blue Jackets. He has had 713 shots against him and has given up 60 goals. He has made 653 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Flyers have 34 total points this season. They have scored 67 goals while giving up 84 goals. They have had 93 power play opportunities and have scored 15 goals on those chances for a percentage of 16%. The Flyers have allowed 108 power play opportunities and given up 21 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 6.88% for the season to this point. They allow 32 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Blue Jackets have a total of 27 points on the season. They have 19 power play goals on 103 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 18%. They have allowed 115 power play opportunities and have given up 21 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. As a team, the Flyers have a total of 83 goals scored while they've given up 104 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.46%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
Philadelphia Flyers Betting Trends
The Philadelphia Flyers are 13-18 straight up
The Philadelphia Flyers are 10-14-8 against the over/under
Columbus Blue Jackets Betting Trends
The Columbus Blue Jackets are 12-22 straight up
The Columbus Blue Jackets are 14-17-3 against the over/under
Philadelphia Flyers Injuries
12/06/15 D Luke Schenn Ankle expected to miss 2 weeks
11/14/15 D Mark Streit Abdominal out 6 weeks
Columbus Blue Jackets Injuries
12/17/15 D David Savard Lower Body "?" Saturday vs Philadelphia
12/17/15 D Jack Johnson Upper Body "?" Saturday vs Philadelphia
12/09/15 GO Sergei Bobrovsky Groin expected to miss 3-4 weeks
12/08/15 RW Rene Bourque Upper Body out indefinitely
11/30/15 LW Markus Hannikainen Shoulder expected to miss 2 months
11/21/15 D Cody Goloubef Jaw expected to miss 6 weeks
Tony's Pick: Take Columbus
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.