Wednesday, December 30, 2015
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Philadelphia Flyers travel to SAP Center to play the San Jose Sharks on Wednesday, December 30, 2015. The opening line for this game has the Flyers at +144 and the Sharks at -160. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Philadelphia comes into this matchup having played 35 games. They have an overall record of 15-13-7 and on the road they have a record of 7-8-3. Currently they are 6th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 76 goals and given up 96 goals for a point differential of -20. San Jose shows up with a record of 17-16-2 including 4-10-0 at home this season. They are 4th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 96 goals and surrendered 100 for a goal differential of -4.
Claude Giroux has accumulated 28 total points this season for the Flyers. He has 11 goals this season with 93 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 17 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Wayne Simmonds has averaged 16 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by scoring 9 goals on 78 shots. He has 10 assists giving him a total of 19 points on the season. Steve Mason has 7 wins and 9 losses this season in net for the Flyers. He has had 646 shots against him and has given up 57 goals. He has made 589 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Joe Pavelski has accumulated 36 total points this season for the Sharks. He has 18 goals this season with 100 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 18%. He has a total of 18 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Patrick Marleau has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 14 goals on 98 shots. He has 12 assists giving him a total of 26 points on the season. Martin Jones has 15 wins and 11 losses this season in net for the Sharks. He has had 773 shots against him and has given up 68 goals. He has made 705 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Flyers have 37 total points this season. They have scored 75 goals while giving up 93 goals. They have had 103 power play opportunities and have scored 17 goals on those chances for a percentage of 17%. The Flyers have allowed 119 power play opportunities and given up 25 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 7.06% for the season to this point. They allow 33 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Sharks have a total of 36 points on the season. They have 23 power play goals on 113 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 20%. They have allowed 110 power play opportunities and have given up 21 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. As a team, the Flyers have a total of 95 goals scored while they've given up 100 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.01%. As a team they give up 29 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
Philadelphia Flyers Betting Trends
The Philadelphia Flyers are 14-20 straight up
The Philadelphia Flyers are 12-15-8 against the over/under
San Jose Sharks Betting Trends
The San Jose Sharks are 16-18 straight up
The San Jose Sharks are 20-12-2 against the over/under
Philadelphia Flyers Injuries
12/29/15 D Mark Streit Abdominal is upgraded to probable Wednesday vs. San Jose
12/27/15 D Michael Del Zotto Upper Body "?" Wednesday vs. San Jose
San Jose Sharks Injuries
12/11/15 C Logan Couture Thigh out indefinitely
10/05/15 LW Raffi Torres Suspension expected to miss 41 games
Josh's Pick: Take Philadelphia
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.