Friday, November 27, 2015
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Pittsburgh Penguins travel to Nationwide Arena to play the Columbus Blue Jackets on Friday, November 27, 2015. The opening line for this game has the Penguins at -116 and the Blue Jackets at +105. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Pittsburgh comes into this matchup having played 21 games. They have an overall record of 13-8-0 and on the road they have a record of 5-4-0. Currently they are 3rd in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 49 goals and given up 49 goals for a point differential of 0. Columbus shows up with a record of 9-14-0 including 3-7-0 at home this season. They are 8th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 57 goals and surrendered 72 for a goal differential of -15.
Sidney Crosby has accumulated 13 total points this season for the Penguins. He has 5 goals this season with 61 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 8 assists on the season and averages 21 minutes played per game. Evgeni Malkin has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 16% by scoring 8 goals on 50 shots. He has 11 assists giving him a total of 19 points on the season. Marc-Andre Fleury has 11 wins and 7 losses this season in net for the Penguins. He has had 526 shots against him and has given up 40 goals. He has made 486 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Ryan Johansen has accumulated 16 total points this season for the Blue Jackets. He has 4 goals this season with 46 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 12 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Scott Hartnell has averaged 16 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 18% by scoring 9 goals on 49 shots. He has 7 assists giving him a total of 16 points on the season. Sergei Bobrovsky has 9 wins and 10 losses this season in net for the Blue Jackets. He has had 537 shots against him and has given up 52 goals. He has made 485 saves for a save percentage of 90%.
The Penguins have 26 total points this season. They have scored 48 goals while giving up 49 goals. They have had 77 power play opportunities and have scored 12 goals on those chances for a percentage of 16%. The Penguins have allowed 73 power play opportunities and given up 12 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. They average 31 shots per game and as a team are shooting 7.45% for the season to this point. They allow 31 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Blue Jackets have a total of 18 points on the season. They have 15 power play goals on 79 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 19%. They have allowed 83 power play opportunities and have given up 15 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. As a team, the Penguins have a total of 57 goals scored while they've given up 72 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.51%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
Pittsburgh Penguins Betting Trends
The Pittsburgh Penguins are 12-8 straight up
The Pittsburgh Penguins are 6-12-3 against the over/under
Columbus Blue Jackets Betting Trends
The Columbus Blue Jackets are 9-14 straight up
The Columbus Blue Jackets are 11-11-1 against the over/under
Pittsburgh Penguins Injuries
11/18/15 D Olli Maatta Upper Body expected to miss 3-4 weeks
Columbus Blue Jackets Injuries
11/24/15 RW Rene Bourque Upper Body expected to miss a week
11/21/15 D Cody Goloubef Jaw expected to miss 6 weeks
11/21/15 D Fedor Tyutin Nose out indefinitely
11/18/15 RW Jared Boll Foot expected to miss 1-2 weeks
11/04/15 RW David Clarkson Back out indefinitely
Guy's Pick: Take Pittsburgh
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.