Thursday, December 17, 2015
Air Canada Centre
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The San Jose Sharks travel to Air Canada Centre to play the Toronto Maple Leafs on Thursday, December 17, 2015. The opening line for this game has the Sharks at -125 and the Maple Leafs at +113. The over/under has been set at 5.
San Jose comes into this matchup having played 30 games. They have an overall record of 15-14-1 and on the road they have a record of 11-5-1. Currently they are 2nd in the Pacific Division. They've scored 78 goals and given up 79 goals for a point differential of -1. Toronto shows up with a record of 10-13-6 including 5-5-4 at home this season. They are 8th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 68 goals and surrendered 81 for a goal differential of -13.
Joe Pavelski has accumulated 28 total points this season for the Sharks. He has 14 goals this season with 88 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 16%. He has a total of 14 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Patrick Marleau has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 12 goals on 80 shots. He has 11 assists giving him a total of 23 points on the season. Martin Jones has 13 wins and 10 losses this season in net for the Sharks. He has had 649 shots against him and has given up 52 goals. He has made 597 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
James Van Riemsdyk has accumulated 19 total points this season for the Maple Leafs. He has 9 goals this season with 90 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 10 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Tyler Bozak has averaged 17 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 5 goals on 39 shots. He has 13 assists giving him a total of 18 points on the season. James Reimer has 7 wins and 4 losses this season in net for the Maple Leafs. He has had 496 shots against him and has given up 32 goals. He has made 464 saves for a save percentage of 94%.
The Sharks have 31 total points this season. They have scored 77 goals while giving up 79 goals. They have had 96 power play opportunities and have scored 17 goals on those chances for a percentage of 18%. The Sharks have allowed 94 power play opportunities and given up 17 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.75% for the season to this point. They allow 28 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Maple Leafs have a total of 26 points on the season. They have 17 power play goals on 91 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 19%. They have allowed 95 power play opportunities and have given up 19 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. As a team, the Sharks have a total of 65 goals scored while they've given up 77 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 7.37%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
San Jose Sharks Betting Trends
The San Jose Sharks are 14-15 straight up
The San Jose Sharks are 15-12-2 against the over/under
Toronto Maple Leafs Betting Trends
The Toronto Maple Leafs are 7-19 straight up
The Toronto Maple Leafs are 12-14-2 against the over/under
San Jose Sharks Injuries
12/15/15 C Tomas Hertl Lower Body "?" Thursday vs Toronto
12/11/15 C Logan Couture Thigh out indefinitely
10/05/15 LW Raffi Torres Suspension expected to miss 41 games
Toronto Maple Leafs Injuries
12/14/15 GO James Reimer Groin out indefinitely
11/17/15 RW Nathan Horton Back out indefinitely
10/17/15 D Stephane Robidas Knee out indefinitely
Guy's Pick: Take Toronto
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.