Saturday, January 2, 2015
Air Canada Centre
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The St. Louis Blues travel to Air Canada Centre to play the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday, January 2, 2015. The opening line for this game has the Blues at -132 and the Maple Leafs at +120. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
St. Louis comes into this matchup having played 40 games. They have an overall record of 23-13-4 and on the road they have a record of 10-6-2. Currently they are 2nd in the Central Division. They've scored 100 goals and given up 96 goals for a point differential of +4. Toronto shows up with a record of 14-15-7 including 6-6-5 at home this season. They are 7th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 95 goals and surrendered 102 for a goal differential of -7.
Vladimir Tarasenko has accumulated 39 total points this season for the Blues. He has 22 goals this season with 142 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 15%. He has a total of 17 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Alex Steen has averaged 21 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 13 goals on 117 shots. He has 22 assists giving him a total of 35 points on the season. Jake Allen has 18 wins and 9 losses this season in net for the Blues. He has had 819 shots against him and has given up 60 goals. He has made 759 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
James Van Riemsdyk has accumulated 27 total points this season for the Maple Leafs. He has 13 goals this season with 115 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 14 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Tyler Bozak has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 16% by scoring 9 goals on 55 shots. He has 16 assists giving him a total of 25 points on the season. James Reimer has 7 wins and 4 losses this season in net for the Maple Leafs. He has had 502 shots against him and has given up 32 goals. He has made 470 saves for a save percentage of 94%.
The Blues have 50 total points this season. They have scored 98 goals while giving up 95 goals. They have had 111 power play opportunities and have scored 23 goals on those chances for a percentage of 21%. The Blues have allowed 126 power play opportunities and given up 17 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 87%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.14% for the season to this point. They allow 29 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Maple Leafs have a total of 35 points on the season. They have 21 power play goals on 107 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 20%. They have allowed 117 power play opportunities and have given up 23 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. As a team, the Blues have a total of 91 goals scored while they've given up 98 goals to this point. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.16%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
St. Louis Blues Betting Trends
The St. Louis Blues are 21-17 straight up
The St. Louis Blues are 13-22-5 against the over/under
Toronto Maple Leafs Betting Trends
The Toronto Maple Leafs are 10-22 straight up
The Toronto Maple Leafs are 15-16-4 against the over/under
St. Louis Blues Injuries
12/06/15 C Steve Ott Hamstring out 3 months
10/24/15 LW Jaden Schwartz Ankle expected to miss 12 weeks
01/01/16 C Patrik Berglund Shoulder is upgraded to probable Saturday vs. Toronto
01/01/16 RW Vladimir Tarasenko Flu missed last game, "?" Saturday vs. Toronto
Toronto Maple Leafs Injuries
12/30/15 C Byron Froese Lower Body "?" Saturday vs St Louis
12/18/15 GO Garret Sparks Lower Body out indefinitely
12/18/15 C Nick Spaling Shoulder out indefinitely
11/17/15 RW Nathan Horton Back out indefinitely
10/17/15 D Stephane Robidas Knee out indefinitely
01/01/16 GO James Reimer Groin is downgraded to expected to miss Saturday vs. St. Louis
Josh's Pick: Take Toronto
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.