Sunday, December 27, 2015
Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Toronto Maple Leafs travel to Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum to play the New York Islanders on Sunday, December 27, 2015. The opening line for this game has the Maple Leafs at +180 and the Islanders at -200. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Toronto comes into this matchup having played 33 games. They have an overall record of 12-14-7 and on the road they have a record of 6-9-2. Currently they are 8th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 86 goals and given up 93 goals for a point differential of -7. New York shows up with a record of 19-11-5 including 12-5-2 at home this season. They are 3rd in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 96 goals and surrendered 82 for a goal differential of +14.
James Van Riemsdyk has accumulated 24 total points this season for the Maple Leafs. He has 12 goals this season with 105 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 12 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Tyler Bozak has averaged 17 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 16% by scoring 8 goals on 49 shots. He has 15 assists giving him a total of 23 points on the season. James Reimer has 7 wins and 4 losses this season in net for the Maple Leafs. He has had 496 shots against him and has given up 32 goals. He has made 464 saves for a save percentage of 94%.
John Tavares has accumulated 25 total points this season for the Islanders. He has 13 goals this season with 95 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 12 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Kyle Okposo has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by scoring 8 goals on 68 shots. He has 18 assists giving him a total of 26 points on the season. Thomas Greiss has 9 wins and 4 losses this season in net for the Islanders. He has had 448 shots against him and has given up 30 goals. He has made 418 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
The Maple Leafs have 31 total points this season. They have scored 83 goals while giving up 89 goals. They have had 99 power play opportunities and have scored 21 goals on those chances for a percentage of 21%. The Maple Leafs have allowed 107 power play opportunities and given up 22 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%. They average 31 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.23% for the season to this point. They allow 31 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Islanders have a total of 43 points on the season. They have 18 power play goals on 98 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 18%. They have allowed 100 power play opportunities and have given up 13 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 87%. As a team, the Maple Leafs have a total of 93 goals scored while they've given up 80 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.06%. As a team they give up 29 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Toronto Maple Leafs Betting Trends
The Toronto Maple Leafs are 9-21 straight up
The Toronto Maple Leafs are 14-15-3 against the over/under
New York Islanders Betting Trends
The New York Islanders are 16-16 straight up
The New York Islanders are 12-20-3 against the over/under
Toronto Maple Leafs Injuries
12/26/15 GO James Reimer Groin is upgraded to "?" Sunday vs. NY Islanders
12/25/15 D Matt Hunwick Illness is upgraded to probable Sunday vs. NY Islanders
12/18/15 GO Garret Sparks Lower Body out indefinitely
12/18/15 C Nick Spaling Shoulder out indefinitely
11/17/15 RW Nathan Horton Back out indefinitely
10/17/15 D Stephane Robidas Knee out indefinitely
New York Islanders Injuries
12/21/15 RW Kyle Okposo Lower Body "?" Sunday vs Toronto
11/28/15 GO Jean-Francois Berube Lower Body out indefinitely
Josh's Pick: Take New York
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.