Monday, December 14, 2015
Consol Energy Center
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Washington Capitals travel to Consol Energy Center to play the Pittsburgh Penguins on Monday, December 14, 2015. The opening line for this game has the Capitals at -116 and the Penguins at +105. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Washington comes into this matchup having played 28 games. They have an overall record of 20-6-2 and on the road they have a record of 9-3-1. Currently they are 1st in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 85 goals and given up 62 goals for a point differential of +23. Pittsburgh shows up with a record of 15-10-3 including 8-4-2 at home this season. They are 5th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 67 goals and surrendered 67 for a goal differential of 0.
Alex Ovechkin has accumulated 25 total points this season for the Capitals. He has 14 goals this season with 138 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 11 assists on the season and averages 21 minutes played per game. John Carlson has averaged 25 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 6% by scoring 4 goals on 67 shots. He has 17 assists giving him a total of 21 points on the season. Braden Holtby has 18 wins and 4 losses this season in net for the Capitals. He has had 631 shots against him and has given up 44 goals. He has made 587 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Sidney Crosby has accumulated 19 total points this season for the Penguins. He has 6 goals this season with 79 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 13 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Evgeni Malkin has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 13 goals on 86 shots. He has 13 assists giving him a total of 26 points on the season. Marc-Andre Fleury has 13 wins and 9 losses this season in net for the Penguins. He has had 730 shots against him and has given up 53 goals. He has made 677 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
The Capitals have 42 total points this season. They have scored 83 goals while giving up 62 goals. They have had 90 power play opportunities and have scored 21 goals on those chances for a percentage of 23%. The Capitals have allowed 79 power play opportunities and given up 13 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. They average 31 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.72% for the season to this point. They allow 28 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Penguins have a total of 33 points on the season. They have 15 power play goals on 96 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 16%. They have allowed 95 power play opportunities and have given up 15 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. As a team, the Capitals have a total of 66 goals scored while they've given up 65 goals to this point. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 7.69%. As a team they give up 32 shots per game and have a save percentage of 93%.
Washington Capitals Betting Trends
The Washington Capitals are 18-8 straight up
The Washington Capitals are 9-14-5 against the over/under
Pittsburgh Penguins Betting Trends
The Pittsburgh Penguins are 14-13 straight up
The Pittsburgh Penguins are 9-15-4 against the over/under
Washington Capitals Injuries
12/07/15 D Brooks Orpik Lower Body expected to miss 5-7 days
Pittsburgh Penguins Injuries
12/11/15 D Kris Letang Upper Body out indefinitely
12/08/15 RW Pascal Dupuis Blood Clot has retired
Tony's Pick: Take Washington
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.