Saturday, January 2, 2015
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Winnipeg Jets travel to SAP Center to play the San Jose Sharks on Saturday, January 2, 2015. The opening line for this game has the Jets at +129 and the Sharks at -142. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Winnipeg comes into this matchup having played 37 games. They have an overall record of 17-18-2 and on the road they have a record of 6-13-1. Currently they are 7th in the Central Division. They've scored 99 goals and given up 109 goals for a point differential of -10. San Jose shows up with a record of 18-16-2 including 5-10-0 at home this season. They are 3rd in the Pacific Division. They've scored 100 goals and surrendered 102 for a goal differential of -2.
Dustin Byfuglien has accumulated 22 total points this season for the Jets. He has 9 goals this season with 120 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 13 assists on the season and averages 24 minutes played per game. Blake Wheeler has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 10 goals on 104 shots. He has 27 assists giving him a total of 37 points on the season. Michael Hutchinson has 5 wins and 8 losses this season in net for the Jets. He has had 392 shots against him and has given up 37 goals. He has made 355 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Joe Pavelski has accumulated 38 total points this season for the Sharks. He has 20 goals this season with 104 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 19%. He has a total of 18 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Patrick Marleau has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 14 goals on 101 shots. He has 14 assists giving him a total of 28 points on the season. Martin Jones has 16 wins and 11 losses this season in net for the Sharks. He has had 792 shots against him and has given up 70 goals. He has made 722 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Jets have 36 total points this season. They have scored 99 goals while giving up 108 goals. They have had 115 power play opportunities and have scored 16 goals on those chances for a percentage of 14%. The Jets have allowed 141 power play opportunities and given up 32 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 77%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.99% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 90%.
The Sharks have a total of 38 points on the season. They have 26 power play goals on 119 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 22%. They have allowed 113 power play opportunities and have given up 21 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. As a team, the Jets have a total of 99 goals scored while they've given up 102 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.11%. As a team they give up 28 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
Winnipeg Jets Betting Trends
The Winnipeg Jets are 17-20 straight up
The Winnipeg Jets are 17-19-1 against the over/under
San Jose Sharks Betting Trends
The San Jose Sharks are 17-18 straight up
The San Jose Sharks are 21-12-2 against the over/under
Winnipeg Jets Injuries
12/27/15 C Mark Scheifele Concussion out indefinitely
11/23/15 GO Ondrej Pavelec Knee out indefinitely
10/25/15 D Grant Clitsome Back out indefinitely
San Jose Sharks Injuries
10/05/15 LW Raffi Torres Suspension expected to miss 41 games
Tony's Pick: Take San Jose
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.