Wednesday, March 9, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Anaheim Ducks travel to Pepsi Center to play the Colorado Avalanche on Wednesday, March 9, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Ducks at -156 and the Avalanche at +141. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Anaheim comes into this matchup having played 65 games. They have an overall record of 37-19-9 and on the road they have a record of 16-11-4. Currently they are 1st in the Pacific Division. They've scored 165 goals and given up 151 goals for a point differential of +14. The Ducks have 9 overtime losses including 4 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 9-0-1. For the season they have an ATS record of 36-28 and an over/under record of 25-26-14. Colorado shows up with a record of 34-30-4 including 16-15-4 at home this season. They are 6th in the Central Division. They've scored 183 goals and surrendered 195 for a goal differential of -12. The Avalanche have 4 losses in OT and 0 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 5-5-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 32-34 while their over/under record sits at 32-32-4.
Corey Perry has accumulated 49 total points this season for the Ducks. He has 28 goals this season with 178 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 16%. He has a total of 21 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Ryan Getzlaf has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 8% by scoring 10 goals on 125 shots. He has 42 assists giving him a total of 52 points on the season. Frederik Andersen has 18 wins and 8 losses this season in net for the Ducks. He has had 913 shots against him and has given up 71 goals. He has made 842 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Gabriel Landeskog has accumulated 46 total points this season for the Avalanche. He has 17 goals this season with 146 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 29 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Nathan MacKinnon has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 8% by scoring 20 goals on 236 shots. He has 29 assists giving him a total of 49 points on the season. Semyon Varlamov has 23 wins and 17 losses this season in net for the Avalanche. He has had 1,326 shots against him and has given up 114 goals. He has made 1,212 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Ducks have 83 total points this season. They have scored 162 goals while giving up 147 goals. They have had 198 power play opportunities and have scored 46 goals on those chances for a percentage of 23%. The Ducks have allowed 236 power play opportunities and given up 32 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 86%. They average 31 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.16% for the season to this point. They allow 28 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Avalanche have a total of 72 points on the season. They have 44 power play goals on 226 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 19%. They have allowed 215 power play opportunities and have given up 40 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. As a team, the Ducks have a total of 180 goals scored while they've given up 195 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.19%. As a team they give up 32 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Anaheim has a Corsi percentage of 52.1% as they've attempted 3,797 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,485 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 52.7% as they have 2,844 attempts while they've given up 2,550 shots on the defensive end. The Ducks start possessions in the offensive zone 50% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 50% for the season. They have 1,977 face off wins compared to 1,864 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 51.5%. On defense Anaheim has 1,777 hits and they've blocked 935 shots from the opposition.
Colorado has attempted 3,448 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,217 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 45% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 46.2% as they have 2,632 shots while they've given up 3,066 attempts on defense. The Avalanche have an offensive zone percentage of 48.5% and their defensive zone percentage is 51.5% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.9% as they've compiled 1,976 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,986 face off losses. On defense Colorado has blocked 1,151 shot attempts and they have 1,564 hits as a unit.
Anaheim Ducks Betting Trends
The Anaheim Ducks are 36-28 straight up
The Anaheim Ducks are 25-26-14 against the over/under
Colorado Avalanche Betting Trends
The Colorado Avalanche are 32-34 straight up
The Colorado Avalanche are 32-32-4 against the over/under
Anaheim Ducks Injuries
10/29/15 LW Kenton Helgesen Foot out indefinitely
02/12/16 RW Chris Stewart Jaw out indefinitely
01/26/16 C Shawn Horcoff Suspension expected to miss 20 games; eligible to return March 11 vs St Louis
Colorado Avalanche Injuries
12/30/15 D Brad Stuart Back out indefinitely
10/06/15 C Jesse Winchester Concussion out indefinitely
Tony's Pick: Take Colorado
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.