Tuesday, December 20, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Anaheim Ducks travel to Bell Centre to play the Montreal Canadiens on Tuesday, December 20, 2016.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Anaheim comes into this matchup having played 32 games. They have an overall record of 16-11-5 and on the road they have a record of 6-7-4. Currently they are 2nd in the Pacific Division. They've scored 91 goals and given up 90 goals for a point differential of +1. The Ducks have an overall record of 6-3-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 15-16 and an over/under record of 12-10-10. Montreal shows up with a record of 20-7-4 including 14-2-2 at home this season. They are 1st in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 96 goals and surrendered 69 for a goal differential of +27. The Canadiens have a record of 5-3-2 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 19-11 while their over/under record sits at 11-13-7.
Corey Perry has accumulated 26 total points this season for the Ducks. He has 7 goals this season with 92 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 19 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Cam Fowler has averaged 24 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by scoring 8 goals on 69 shots. He has 12 assists giving him a total of 20 points on the season. John Gibson has 10 wins and 9 losses this season in net for the Ducks. He has had 606 shots against him and has given up 57 goals. He has made 549 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Brendan Gallagher has accumulated 17 total points this season for the Canadiens. He has 5 goals this season with 81 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 6%. He has a total of 12 assists on the season and averages 15 minutes played per game. Max Pacioretty has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 12 goals on 90 shots. He has 13 assists giving him a total of 25 points on the season. Carey Price has 17 wins and 4 losses this season in net for the Canadiens. He has had 671 shots against him and has given up 43 goals. He has made 628 saves for a save percentage of 94%.
The Ducks have 37 total points this season. They have scored 91 goals while giving up 90 goals. They have had 103 power play opportunities and have scored 25 goals on those chances for a percentage of 24%. The Ducks have allowed 110 power play opportunities and given up 21 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.48% for the season to this point. They allow 29 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 90%.
The Canadiens have a total of 44 points on the season. They have 19 power play goals on 99 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 19%. They have allowed 114 power play opportunities and have given up 22 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. As a team, the Ducks have a total of 96 goals scored while they've given up 69 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 10.32%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 93%.
Anaheim has a Corsi percentage of 49.9% as they've attempted 1,770 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,778 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.1% as they have 1,334 attempts while they've given up 1,328 shots on the defensive end. The Ducks start possessions in the offensive zone 48.8% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 51.2% for the season. They have 1,105 face off wins compared to 871 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 55.9%. On defense Anaheim has 810 hits and they've blocked 450 shots from the opposition.
Montreal has attempted 1,804 shots at full strength and they've given up 1,758 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 50.6% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.6% as they have 1,303 shots while they've given up 1,270 attempts on defense. The Canadiens have an offensive zone percentage of 48.8% and their defensive zone percentage is 51.2% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.5% as they've compiled 956 face off wins this season and they have suffered 977 face off losses. On defense Montreal has blocked 488 shot attempts and they have 717 hits as a unit.
Anaheim Ducks Betting Trends
The Anaheim Ducks are 15-16 straight up
The Anaheim Ducks are 12-10-10 against the over/under
Montreal Canadiens Betting Trends
The Montreal Canadiens are 19-11 straight up
The Montreal Canadiens are 11-13-7 against the over/under
Anaheim Ducks Injuries
12/13/16 D Clayton Stoner Lower Body out indefinitely
11/17/16 LW Nicolas Kerdiles Concussion out indefinitely
10/14/16 D Simon Despres Concussion out indefinitely
10/12/16 C Nate Thompson Achilles out indefinitely
Montreal Canadiens Injuries
12/17/16 D Andrei Markov Lower Body injured last game, "?" Tuesday vs Anaheim
12/17/16 RW Sven Andrighetto Upper Body "?" Tuesday vs Anaheim
12/16/16 C Andrew Shaw Concussion out indefinitely
12/10/16 D Greg Pateryn Ankle expected to miss 8 weeks
12/07/16 C Alex Galchenyuk Knee expected to miss 6-8 weeks
12/07/16 C David Desharnais Lower Body expected to miss 6-8 weeks
Josh's Pick: Take Montreal
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.