Thursday, October 20, 2016
Wells Fargo Center
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Anaheim Ducks travel to Wells Fargo Center to play the Philadelphia Flyers on Thursday, October 20, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Ducks at +155 and the Flyers at +140. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Anaheim comes into this matchup after having a regular season record of 46-25-11 last season and on the road they had a record of 21-15-5. They finished 1st in the Pacific Division. They scored 218 goals and gave up 192 goals for a point differential of +26. The Ducks had 11 overtime losses including 4 of them in a shootout. In their last 10 games they had an overall record of 6-2-2. For the season they had an ATS record of 43-36 and an over/under record of 32-34-16. Philadelphia had a regular season record of 41-27-14 including 23-10-8 at home last season. They were 5th in the Metropolitan Division. They scored 214 goals and surrendered 218 for a goal differential of -4. The Flyers had 14 losses in OT and 8 of them occurred in a shootout. They had a record of 6-3-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread was 38-41 while their over/under record sat at 32-30-20.
Ryan Getzlaf accumulated 63 total points last season for the Ducks. He had 13 goals last year with 178 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He had a total of 50 assists on the season and averaged 20 minutes played per game. Corey Perry averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game last year. In that time he had a shooting percentage of 16% by scoring 34 goals on 215 shots. He had 28 assists giving him a total of 62 points on the season. John Gibson had 21 wins and 13 losses last season in net for the Ducks. He had 992 shots against him and gave up 79 goals. He made 913 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Wayne Simmonds accumulated 60 total points last season for the Flyers. He had 32 goals last year with 229 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He had a total of 28 assists on the season and averaged 17 minutes played per game. Claude Giroux averaged 21 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he had a shooting percentage of 9% by scoring 22 goals on 241 shots. He had 45 assists giving him a total of 67 points on the season. Steve Mason had 23 wins and 19 losses this season in net for the Flyers. He had 1,602 shots against him and gave up 132 goals. He made 1,470 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Ducks had 103 total points last season. They scored 218 goals while giving up 192 goals. They had 245 power play opportunities and scored 56 goals on those chances for a percentage of 23%. The Ducks allowed 290 power play opportunities and gave up 37 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 87%. They averaged 30 shots per game and as a team they shot 8.78% for the season. They allowed 27 shots to their opposition per contest and had a team save percentage of 92%.
The Flyers had a total of 96 points on the season. They had 53 power play goals on 280 opportunities for a percentage of 19%. They allowed 262 power play opportunities and gave up 51 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. As a team, the Ducks had a total of 214 goals scored while they gave up 218 goals during the campaign. They averaged 31 shots per contest and had a team shooting percentage of 8.43%. As a team they gave up 31 shots per game and had a save percentage of 92%.
Anaheim had a Corsi percentage of 51.9% as they attempted 4,737 shots on net at full strength while they gave up 4,383 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage was at 52.7% as they had 3,567 attempts while they gave up 3,205 shots on the defensive end. The Ducks started possessions in the offensive zone 49.7% of the time while their defensive zone percentage was at 50.3% for the season. They had 2,497 face off wins compared to 2,310 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage was 51.9%. On defense Anaheim had 2,234 hits and they blocked 1,178 shots from the opposition.
Philadelphia attempted 4,901 shots at full strength and they gave up 4,715 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage was at 51% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they were at 51.1% as they had 3,553 shots while they gave up 3,406 attempts on defense. The Flyers had an offensive zone percentage of 51.7% and their defensive zone percentage was 48.3% this season. They had a faceoff win percentage of 51% as they compiled 2,532 face off wins this season and they suffered 2,429 face off losses. On defense Philadelphia blocked 1,309 shot attempts and they had 2,196 hits as a unit.
Anaheim Ducks Betting Trends
The Anaheim Ducks were 43-36 straight up last season
The Anaheim Ducks were 32-34-16 against the over/under
Philadelphia Flyers Betting Trends
The Philadelphia Flyers were 38-41 straight up last season
The Philadelphia Flyers were 32-30-20 against the over/under
Anaheim Ducks Injuries
10/14/16 D Simon Despres Concussion out indefinitely
10/12/16 C Nate Thompson Achilles out indefinitely
Philadelphia Flyers Injuries
10/17/16 C Brayden Schenn Suspension expected to miss Tuesday vs. Chicago
10/17/16 D Radko Gudas Suspension expected to miss another 4 games
10/17/16 D Shayne Gostisbehere Facial probable Tuesday vs. Chicago
10/08/16 D Brandon Manning Upper Body expected to miss a week
10/08/16 D Michael Del Zotto Lower Body expected to miss 4-5 weeks
10/06/16 C Scott Laughton Lower Body expected to miss 3-4 weeks
Tony's Pick: Take Anaheim
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
- Pittsburgh Penguins at Nashville Predators 6/11/2017 Free Game 6 NHL Picks & Predictions
- Nashville Predators at Pittsburgh Penguins 6/8/2017 Free Game 5 NHL Picks & Predictions
- Pittsburgh Penguins at Nashville Predators 6/5/2017 Free Game 4 NHL Picks & Predictions
- Pittsburgh Penguins at Nashville Predators 6/3/2017 Free Game 3 NHL Picks & Predictions
- Nashville Predators at Pittsburgh Penguins 5/31/2017 Free Game 2 NHL Picks & Predictions
- Nashville Predators at Pittsburgh Penguins 5/29/2017 Free Game 1 NHL Picks & Predictions
- Ottawa Senators at Pittsburgh Penguins 5/25/2017 Free Game 7 NHL Picks & Predictions
- Pittsburgh Penguins at Ottawa Senators 5/23/2017 Free Game 6 NHL Picks & Predictions
- Anaheim Ducks at Nashville Predators 5/22/2017 Free Game 6 NHL Picks & Predictions
- Ottawa Senators at Pittsburgh Penguins 5/21/2017 Free Game 5 NHL Picks & Predictions