Tuesday, October 25, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Anaheim Ducks travel to SAP Center to play the San Jose Sharks on Tuesday, October 25, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Ducks at +115 and the Sharks at -143. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Anaheim comes into this matchup having played 6 games. They have an overall record of 2-3-1 and on the road they have a record of 1-3-1. Currently they are 4th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 14 goals and given up 16 goals for a point differential of -2. For the season they have an ATS record of 2-4 and an over/under record of 2-2-2. San Jose shows up with a record of 3-3-0 including 1-0-0 at home this season. They are 3rd in the Pacific Division. They've scored 14 goals and surrendered 18 for a goal differential of -4. Their record against the spread is 3-3 while their over/under record sits at 1-5-0.
Corey Perry has accumulated 5 total points this season for the Ducks. He has 3 goals this season with 23 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He has a total of 2 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Ryan Getzlaf has averaged 21 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 5% by scoring 1 goal on 20 shots. He has 7 assists giving him a total of 8 points on the season. John Gibson has 2 wins and 2 losses this season in net for the Ducks. He has had 119 shots against him and has given up 13 goals. He has made 106 saves for a save percentage of 89%.
Joe Pavelski has accumulated 7 total points this season for the Sharks. He has 2 goals this season with 24 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 5 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Brent Burns has averaged 23 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 3 goals on 29 shots. He has 6 assists giving him a total of 9 points on the season. Martin Jones has 2 wins and 3 losses this season in net for the Sharks. He has had 129 shots against him and has given up 14 goals. He has made 115 saves for a save percentage of 89%.
The Ducks have 5 total points this season. They have scored 14 goals while giving up 16 goals. They have had 20 power play opportunities and have scored 3 goals on those chances for a percentage of 15%. The Ducks have allowed 27 power play opportunities and given up 4 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 85%. They average 31 shots per game and as a team are shooting 7.61% for the season to this point. They allow 27 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 90%.
The Sharks have a total of 6 points on the season. They have 3 power play goals on 20 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 15%. They have allowed 19 power play opportunities and have given up 4 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%. As a team, the Ducks have a total of 14 goals scored while they've given up 18 goals to this point. They average 32 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 7.33%. As a team they give up 25 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
Anaheim has a Corsi percentage of 53.5% as they've attempted 344 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 299 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 52.7% as they have 252 attempts while they've given up 226 shots on the defensive end. The Ducks start possessions in the offensive zone 55.3% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 44.7% for the season. They have 213 face off wins compared to 143 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 59.8%. On defense Anaheim has 164 hits and they've blocked 73 shots from the opposition.
San Jose has attempted 359 shots at full strength and they've given up 313 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 53.4% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 53.8% as they have 261 shots while they've given up 224 attempts on defense. The Sharks have an offensive zone percentage of 50.2% and their defensive zone percentage is 49.8% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 42.9% as they've compiled 157 face off wins this season and they have suffered 209 face off losses. On defense San Jose has blocked 89 shot attempts and they have 95 hits as a unit.
Anaheim Ducks Betting Trends
The Anaheim Ducks are 2-4 straight up
The Anaheim Ducks are 2-2-2 against the over/under
San Jose Sharks Betting Trends
The San Jose Sharks are 3-3 straight up
The San Jose Sharks are 1-5-0 against the over/under
Anaheim Ducks Injuries
10/21/16 C Rickard Rakell Legal problems out indefinitely
10/14/16 D Simon Despres Concussion out indefinitely
10/12/16 C Nate Thompson Achilles out indefinitely
San Jose Sharks Injuries
No key injuries to report
Guy's Pick: Take Anaheim
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.