Anaheim Ducks at Toronto Maple Leafs 12-19-2016 Free NHL Picks & Predictions
by Tony Sink - 12/18/2016
Monday, December 19, 2016
Air Canada Centre
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Anaheim Ducks travel to Air Canada Centre to play the Toronto Maple Leafs on Monday, December 19, 2016.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Anaheim comes into this matchup having played 32 games. They have an overall record of 16-11-5 and on the road they have a record of 6-7-4. Currently they are 2nd in the Pacific Division. They've scored 91 goals and given up 90 goals for a point differential of +1. The Ducks have an overall record of 6-3-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 15-16 and an over/under record of 12-10-10. Toronto shows up with a record of 12-11-7 including 9-5-2 at home this season. They are 7th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 85 goals and surrendered 91 for a goal differential of -6. The Maple Leafs have a record of 4-3-3 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 12-18 while their over/under record sits at 13-17-0.
Corey Perry has accumulated 26 total points this season for the Ducks. He has 7 goals this season with 92 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 19 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Cam Fowler has averaged 24 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by scoring 8 goals on 69 shots. He has 12 assists giving him a total of 20 points on the season. John Gibson has 10 wins and 9 losses this season in net for the Ducks. He has had 606 shots against him and has given up 57 goals. He has made 549 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Auston Matthews has accumulated 23 total points this season for the Maple Leafs. He has 14 goals this season with 107 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He has a total of 9 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Nazem Kadri has averaged 16 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 10 goals on 91 shots. He has 8 assists giving him a total of 18 points on the season. Frederik Andersen has 12 wins and 7 losses this season in net for the Maple Leafs. He has had 800 shots against him and has given up 65 goals. He has made 735 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Ducks have 37 total points this season. They have scored 91 goals while giving up 90 goals. They have had 103 power play opportunities and have scored 25 goals on those chances for a percentage of 24%. The Ducks have allowed 110 power play opportunities and given up 21 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.48% for the season to this point. They allow 29 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 90%.
The Maple Leafs have a total of 31 points on the season. They have 16 power play goals on 93 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 17%. They have allowed 95 power play opportunities and have given up 16 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. As a team, the Ducks have a total of 85 goals scored while they've given up 91 goals to this point. They average 34 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.36%. As a team they give up 32 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Anaheim has a Corsi percentage of 49.9% as they've attempted 1,770 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,778 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.1% as they have 1,334 attempts while they've given up 1,328 shots on the defensive end. The Ducks start possessions in the offensive zone 48.8% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 51.2% for the season. They have 1,105 face off wins compared to 871 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 55.9%. On defense Anaheim has 810 hits and they've blocked 450 shots from the opposition.
Toronto has attempted 1,906 shots at full strength and they've given up 1,819 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 51.2% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 51.6% as they have 1,445 shots while they've given up 1,358 attempts on defense. The Maple Leafs have an offensive zone percentage of 51.5% and their defensive zone percentage is 48.5% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50.1% as they've compiled 910 face off wins this season and they have suffered 905 face off losses. On defense Toronto has blocked 461 shot attempts and they have 784 hits as a unit.
Anaheim Ducks Betting Trends
The Anaheim Ducks are 15-16 straight up
The Anaheim Ducks are 12-10-10 against the over/under
Toronto Maple Leafs Betting Trends
The Toronto Maple Leafs are 12-18 straight up
The Toronto Maple Leafs are 13-17-0 against the over/under
Anaheim Ducks Injuries
12/13/16 D Clayton Stoner Lower Body out indefinitely
11/17/16 LW Nicolas Kerdiles Concussion out indefinitely
10/14/16 D Simon Despres Concussion out indefinitely
10/12/16 C Nate Thompson Achilles out indefinitely
Toronto Maple Leafs Injuries
12/13/16 D Martin Marincin Back out 4-6 weeks
10/18/16 LW Josh Leivo Lower Body out indefinitely
10/09/16 LW Joffrey Lupul Abdominal out indefinitely
10/09/16 RW Nathan Horton Back out indefinitely
Tony's Pick: Take Toronto
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.