Monday, March 7, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Arizona Coyotes travel to Pepsi Center to play the Colorado Avalanche on Monday, March 7, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Coyotes at +137 and the Avalanche at -151. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Arizona comes into this matchup having played 65 games. They have an overall record of 28-31-6 and on the road they have a record of 11-18-2. Currently they are 5th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 174 goals and given up 204 goals for a point differential of -30. The Coyotes have 6 overtime losses including 1 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 3-7-0. For the season they have an ATS record of 28-37 and an over/under record of 33-25-7. Colorado shows up with a record of 33-30-4 including 15-15-4 at home this season. They are 6th in the Central Division. They've scored 180 goals and surrendered 194 for a goal differential of -14. The Avalanche have 4 losses in OT and 0 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 5-5-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 31-34 while their over/under record sits at 32-31-4.
Oliver Ekman-Larsson has accumulated 49 total points this season for the Coyotes. He has 19 goals this season with 205 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 30 assists on the season and averages 25 minutes played per game. Max Domi has averaged 16 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 17 goals on 117 shots. He has 26 assists giving him a total of 43 points on the season. Louis Domingue has 13 wins and 14 losses this season in net for the Coyotes. He has had 924 shots against him and has given up 82 goals. He has made 842 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Gabriel Landeskog has accumulated 46 total points this season for the Avalanche. He has 17 goals this season with 145 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 29 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Nathan MacKinnon has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 9% by scoring 20 goals on 230 shots. He has 29 assists giving him a total of 49 points on the season. Semyon Varlamov has 22 wins and 17 losses this season in net for the Avalanche. He has had 1,288 shots against him and has given up 113 goals. He has made 1,175 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Coyotes have 62 total points this season. They have scored 173 goals while giving up 203 goals. They have had 244 power play opportunities and have scored 45 goals on those chances for a percentage of 18%. The Coyotes have allowed 238 power play opportunities and given up 53 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 78%. They average 28 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.60% for the season to this point. They allow 31 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 90%.
The Avalanche have a total of 70 points on the season. They have 43 power play goals on 224 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 19%. They have allowed 212 power play opportunities and have given up 40 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. As a team, the Coyotes have a total of 177 goals scored while they've given up 194 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.21%. As a team they give up 32 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Arizona has a Corsi percentage of 47.9% as they've attempted 3,434 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,736 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 47.2% as they have 2,550 attempts while they've given up 2,850 shots on the defensive end. The Coyotes start possessions in the offensive zone 49.3% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 50.7% for the season. They have 2,171 face off wins compared to 1,872 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 53.7%. On defense Arizona has 1,463 hits and they've blocked 886 shots from the opposition.
Colorado has attempted 3,390 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,141 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 45% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 46.2% as they have 2,586 shots while they've given up 3,008 attempts on defense. The Avalanche have an offensive zone percentage of 48.6% and their defensive zone percentage is 51.4% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50% as they've compiled 1,949 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,950 face off losses. On defense Colorado has blocked 1,133 shot attempts and they have 1,537 hits as a unit.
Arizona Coyotes Betting Trends
The Arizona Coyotes are 28-37 straight up
The Arizona Coyotes are 33-25-7 against the over/under
Colorado Avalanche Betting Trends
The Colorado Avalanche are 31-34 straight up
The Colorado Avalanche are 32-31-4 against the over/under
Arizona Coyotes Injuries
10/19/15 C Joe Vitale Eye out for season
03/05/16 LW Max Domi Suspension Served probable Monday vs Colorado
02/15/16 GO Anders Lindback Achilles out for season
02/02/16 GO Mike Smith Lower Body expected to miss 4-6 weeks
Colorado Avalanche Injuries
12/30/15 D Brad Stuart Back out indefinitely
10/06/15 C Jesse Winchester Concussion out indefinitely
03/05/16 D Eric Gelinas Back "?" Monday vs Arizona
Tony's Pick: Take Colorado
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.