Saturday, December 17, 2016
Xcel Energy Center
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Arizona Coyotes head to Xcel Energy Center to take on the Minnesota Wild on Saturday, December 17, 2016. The opening line for this matchup has the Coyotes at +231 and the Wild at -260. The over/under is 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Arizona comes into this game having played 30 contests. They have an overall record of 11-14-5 and away from home they have a record of 5-9-3. Currently they are 6th in the Pacific Division. They've tallied 69 goals and surrendered 93 goals for a point differential of -24. The Coyotes have an overall record of 3-4-3 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 8-19 and an over/under record of 9-18-3. Minnesota comes into this game with a record of 17-8-4 including 10-3-0 at home this season. They are 2nd in the Central Division. They've scored 85 goals and surrendered 59 for a goal differential of +26. The Wild have a record of 7-1-2 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 16-12 while their over/under record sits at 9-15-5.
Jordan Martinook has accumulated 13 total points this season for the Coyotes. He has 6 goals this season with 48 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He has a total of 7 assists on the season and averages 16 minutes played per game. Radim Vrbata has averaged 17 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 9% by scoring 8 goals on 91 shots. He has 12 assists giving him a total of 20 points on the season. Mike Smith has 7 wins and 4 losses this season in net for the Coyotes. He has had 570 shots against him and has given up 39 goals. He has made 531 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Ryan Suter has accumulated 17 total points this season for the Wild. He has 4 goals this season with 57 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 13 assists on the season and averages 27 minutes played per game. Eric Staal has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 9 goals on 84 shots. He has 13 assists giving him a total of 22 points on the season. Devan Dubnyk has 15 wins and 6 losses this season in net for the Wild. He has had 732 shots against him and has given up 39 goals. He has made 693 saves for a save percentage of 95%.
The Coyotes have 27 total points this season. They have scored 69 goals while giving up 93 goals. They have had 88 power play opportunities and have scored 13 goals on those chances for a percentage of 15%. The Coyotes have allowed 104 power play opportunities and given up 20 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. They average 28 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.14% for the season to this point. They allow 36 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Wild have a total of 38 points on the season. They have 13 power play goals on 81 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 16%. They have allowed 88 power play opportunities and have given up 14 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. As a team, the Coyotes have a total of 85 goals scored while they've given up 59 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 10.01%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 94%.
Arizona has a Corsi percentage of 44.6% as they've attempted 1,575 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,955 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 43.9% as they have 1,176 attempts while they've given up 1,505 shots on the defensive end. The Coyotes start possessions in the offensive zone 44.4% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 55.6% for the season. They have 876 face off wins compared to 980 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 47.2%. On defense Arizona has 820 hits and they've blocked 450 shots from the opposition.
Minnesota has attempted 1,571 shots at full strength and they've given up 1,688 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 48.2% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 48.3% as they have 1,168 shots while they've given up 1,251 attempts on defense. The Wild have an offensive zone percentage of 48.9% and their defensive zone percentage is 51.1% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 51.9% as they've compiled 932 face off wins this season and they have suffered 863 face off losses. On defense Minnesota has blocked 437 shot attempts and they have 458 hits as a unit.
Arizona Coyotes Betting Trends
The Arizona Coyotes are 8-19 straight up
The Arizona Coyotes are 9-18-3 against the over/under
Minnesota Wild Betting Trends
The Minnesota Wild are 16-12 straight up
The Minnesota Wild are 9-15-5 against the over/under
Arizona Coyotes Injuries
12/15/16 D Connor Murphy Upper Body "?" Saturday vs. Minnesota
12/10/16 LW Max Domi Hand out indefinitely
11/18/16 RW Brad Richardson Tibia out indefinitely
Minnesota Wild Injuries
11/01/16 C Zac Dalpe Knee out 4-6 weeks
10/10/16 D Victor Bartley Tricep out indefinitely
Josh's Pick: Take Arizona +231
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.