Friday, December 23, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Boston Bruins travel to PNC Arena to play the Carolina Hurricanes on Friday, December 23, 2016.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Boston comes into this matchup having played 34 games. They have an overall record of 17-14-3 and on the road they have a record of 9-5-3. Currently they are 3rd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 80 goals and given up 83 goals for a point differential of -3. The Bruins have an overall record of 4-4-2 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 15-17 and an over/under record of 13-17-4. Carolina shows up with a record of 13-11-7 including 9-3-1 at home this season. They are 6th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 82 goals and surrendered 87 for a goal differential of -5. The Hurricanes have a record of 4-3-3 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 11-18 while their over/under record sits at 13-13-5.
Brad Marchand has accumulated 27 total points this season for the Bruins. He has 9 goals this season with 102 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 18 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. David Pastrnak has averaged 17 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 20% by scoring 19 goals on 93 shots. He has 7 assists giving him a total of 26 points on the season. Tuukka Rask has 16 wins and 6 losses this season in net for the Bruins. He has had 659 shots against him and has given up 47 goals. He has made 612 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Victor Rask has accumulated 25 total points this season for the Hurricanes. He has 10 goals this season with 72 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 15 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Jeff Skinner has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 12 goals on 112 shots. He has 14 assists giving him a total of 26 points on the season. Cam Ward has 10 wins and 8 losses this season in net for the Hurricanes. He has had 674 shots against him and has given up 57 goals. He has made 617 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Bruins have 37 total points this season. They have scored 80 goals while giving up 83 goals. They have had 102 power play opportunities and have scored 13 goals on those chances for a percentage of 13%. The Bruins have allowed 112 power play opportunities and given up 15 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 87%. They average 34 shots per game and as a team are shooting 6.97% for the season to this point. They allow 27 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Hurricanes have a total of 33 points on the season. They have 20 power play goals on 92 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 22%. They have allowed 80 power play opportunities and have given up 7 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 91%. As a team, the Bruins have a total of 82 goals scored while they've given up 87 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.92%. As a team they give up 27 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
Boston has a Corsi percentage of 54.7% as they've attempted 2,137 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,771 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 54.8% as they have 1,590 attempts while they've given up 1,310 shots on the defensive end. The Bruins start possessions in the offensive zone 53.7% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 46.3% for the season. They have 1,110 face off wins compared to 987 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 52.9%. On defense Boston has 769 hits and they've blocked 461 shots from the opposition.
Carolina has attempted 1,779 shots at full strength and they've given up 1,651 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 51.9% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 51.2% as they have 1,291 shots while they've given up 1,232 attempts on defense. The Hurricanes have an offensive zone percentage of 56.1% and their defensive zone percentage is 43.9% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 51.7% as they've compiled 890 face off wins this season and they have suffered 833 face off losses. On defense Carolina has blocked 419 shot attempts and they have 566 hits as a unit.
Boston Bruins Betting Trends
The Boston Bruins are 15-17 straight up
The Boston Bruins are 13-17-4 against the over/under
Carolina Hurricanes Betting Trends
The Carolina Hurricanes are 11-18 straight up
The Carolina Hurricanes are 13-13-5 against the over/under
Boston Bruins Injuries
12/21/16 RW David Pastrnak Elbow is downgraded to doubtful Thursday vs. Florida
12/06/16 LW Matt Beleskey Knee expected to miss 6 weeks
11/29/16 D John-Michael Liles Concussion out indefinitely
Carolina Hurricanes Injuries
11/21/16 GO Eddie Lack Concussion out indefinitely
11/11/16 LW Bryan Bickell Illness out indefinitely
Tony's Pick: Take Carolina
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.