Saturday, November 12, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Buffalo Sabres travel to Prudential Center to play the New Jersey Devils on Saturday, November 12, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Sabres at +131 and the Devils at -145. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Buffalo comes into this matchup having played 13 games. They have an overall record of 5-5-3 and on the road they have a record of 4-2-2. Currently they are 6th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 26 goals and given up 31 goals for a point differential of -5. The Sabres have an overall record of 4-4-2 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 5-8 and an over/under record of 3-10-0. New Jersey shows up with a record of 6-3-3 including 5-0-1 at home this season. They are 4th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 29 goals and surrendered 27 for a goal differential of +2. The Devils have a record of 6-2-2 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 5-6 while their over/under record sits at 2-5-5.
Ryan O'Reilly has accumulated 8 total points this season for the Sabres. He has 4 goals this season with 40 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 4 assists on the season and averages 22 minutes played per game. Kyle Okposo has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 16% by scoring 5 goals on 31 shots. He has 3 assists giving him a total of 8 points on the season. Robin Lehner has 4 wins and 4 losses this season in net for the Sabres. He has had 310 shots against him and has given up 22 goals. He has made 288 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Taylor Hall has accumulated 9 total points this season for the Devils. He has 5 goals this season with 51 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 4 assists on the season and averages 21 minutes played per game. Travis Zajac has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 16% by scoring 4 goals on 25 shots. He has 5 assists giving him a total of 9 points on the season. Cory Schneider has 5 wins and 3 losses this season in net for the Devils. He has had 320 shots against him and has given up 23 goals. He has made 297 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
The Sabres have 13 total points this season. They have scored 26 goals while giving up 31 goals. They have had 41 power play opportunities and have scored 8 goals on those chances for a percentage of 20%. The Sabres have allowed 46 power play opportunities and given up 9 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 6.81% for the season to this point. They allow 31 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 93%.
The Devils have a total of 15 points on the season. They have 7 power play goals on 39 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 18%. They have allowed 41 power play opportunities and have given up 8 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. As a team, the Sabres have a total of 29 goals scored while they've given up 27 goals to this point. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 7.82%. As a team they give up 32 shots per game and have a save percentage of 93%.
Buffalo has a Corsi percentage of 48.3% as they've attempted 689 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 737 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 47.6% as they have 521 attempts while they've given up 573 shots on the defensive end. The Sabres start possessions in the offensive zone 46.1% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 53.9% for the season. They have 446 face off wins compared to 378 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 54.1%. On defense Buffalo has 281 hits and they've blocked 164 shots from the opposition.
New Jersey has attempted 591 shots at full strength and they've given up 674 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 46.7% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 47.7% as they have 480 shots while they've given up 527 attempts on defense. The Devils have an offensive zone percentage of 47.6% and their defensive zone percentage is 52.4% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50.7% as they've compiled 377 face off wins this season and they have suffered 366 face off losses. On defense New Jersey has blocked 147 shot attempts and they have 247 hits as a unit.
Buffalo Sabres Betting Trends
The Buffalo Sabres are 5-8 straight up
The Buffalo Sabres are 3-10-0 against the over/under
New Jersey Devils Betting Trends
The New Jersey Devils are 5-6 straight up
The New Jersey Devils are 2-5-5 against the over/under
Buffalo Sabres Injuries
11/11/16 D Dmitry Kulikov Undisclosed "?" Friday vs. New Jersey
11/10/16 LW Tyler Ennis Groin out indefinitely
11/09/16 C Ryan O'Reilly Upper Body "?" Friday vs New Jersey
11/03/16 D Zach Bogosian Knee out indefinitely
10/31/16 LW Nicolas Deslauriers Knee out indefinitely
10/12/16 C Jack Eichel Ankle out indefinitely
New Jersey Devils Injuries
10/10/16 D Jon Merrill Finger out indefinitely
10/10/16 D Luke Gazdic Foot out indefinitely
Josh's Pick: Take Buffalo +131
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.