Monday, December 5, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Buffalo Sabres travel to Verizon Center to play the Washington Capitals on Monday, December 5, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Sabres at +184 and the Capitals at -205. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Buffalo comes into this matchup having played 24 games. They have an overall record of 9-10-5 and on the road they have a record of 5-5-2. Currently they are 8th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 49 goals and given up 62 goals for a point differential of -13. The Sabres have an overall record of 4-5-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 8-15 and an over/under record of 7-15-2. Washington shows up with a record of 13-7-3 including 8-4-0 at home this season. They are 4th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 58 goals and surrendered 53 for a goal differential of +5. The Capitals have a record of 4-4-2 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 13-10 while their over/under record sits at 9-10-4.
Sam Reinhart has accumulated 14 total points this season for the Sabres. He has 5 goals this season with 59 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 9 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Kyle Okposo has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 7 goals on 66 shots. He has 9 assists giving him a total of 16 points on the season. Robin Lehner has 5 wins and 8 losses this season in net for the Sabres. He has had 499 shots against him and has given up 39 goals. He has made 460 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Alex Ovechkin has accumulated 18 total points this season for the Capitals. He has 12 goals this season with 94 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He has a total of 6 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Marcus Johansson has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 22% by scoring 9 goals on 41 shots. He has 7 assists giving him a total of 16 points on the season. Braden Holtby has 10 wins and 6 losses this season in net for the Capitals. He has had 501 shots against him and has given up 39 goals. He has made 462 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Sabres have 23 total points this season. They have scored 49 goals while giving up 62 goals. They have had 80 power play opportunities and have scored 18 goals on those chances for a percentage of 23%. The Sabres have allowed 79 power play opportunities and given up 18 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 77%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 6.83% for the season to this point. They allow 32 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Capitals have a total of 29 points on the season. They have 11 power play goals on 76 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 14%. They have allowed 74 power play opportunities and have given up 13 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. As a team, the Sabres have a total of 58 goals scored while they've given up 53 goals to this point. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.19%. As a team they give up 28 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Buffalo has a Corsi percentage of 48.5% as they've attempted 1,294 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,376 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 47.7% as they have 973 attempts while they've given up 1,066 shots on the defensive end. The Sabres start possessions in the offensive zone 48.1% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 51.9% for the season. They have 779 face off wins compared to 727 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 51.7%. On defense Buffalo has 538 hits and they've blocked 310 shots from the opposition.
Washington has attempted 1,349 shots at full strength and they've given up 1,174 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 53.5% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 52.2% as they have 1,001 shots while they've given up 918 attempts on defense. The Capitals have an offensive zone percentage of 55.7% and their defensive zone percentage is 44.3% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 51.2% as they've compiled 708 face off wins this season and they have suffered 676 face off losses. On defense Washington has blocked 256 shot attempts and they have 453 hits as a unit.
Buffalo Sabres Betting Trends
The Buffalo Sabres are 8-15 straight up
The Buffalo Sabres are 7-15-2 against the over/under
Washington Capitals Betting Trends
The Washington Capitals are 13-10 straight up
The Washington Capitals are 9-10-4 against the over/under
Buffalo Sabres Injuries
12/03/16 RW Hudson Fasching Groin out indefinitely
12/03/16 D Josh Gorges Foot out indefinitely
11/23/16 D Dmitry Kulikov Back out indefinitely
11/12/16 C Cody McCormick Blood Clot out indefinitely
11/10/16 LW Tyler Ennis Groin out indefinitely
11/03/16 D Zach Bogosian Knee out indefinitely
10/31/16 LW Nicolas Deslauriers Knee out indefinitely
Washington Capitals Injuries
11/19/16 RW T.J. Oshie Shoulder out indefinitely
Josh's Pick: Take Washington -205
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.