Thursday, March 10, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Carolina Hurricanes travel to TD Garden to play the Boston Bruins on Thursday, March 10, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Hurricanes at +184 and the Bruins at -205. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Carolina comes into this matchup having played 67 games. They have an overall record of 30-26-11 and on the road they have a record of 13-14-5. Currently they are 6th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 165 goals and given up 181 goals for a point differential of -16. The Hurricanes have 11 overtime losses including 3 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 4-5-1. For the season they have an ATS record of 29-37 and an over/under record of 23-25-19. Boston shows up with a record of 38-23-7 including 15-16-4 at home this season. They are 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 208 goals and surrendered 184 for a goal differential of +24. The Bruins have 7 losses in OT and 1 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 7-2-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 37-30 while their over/under record sits at 31-29-8.
Jordan Staal has accumulated 40 total points this season for the Hurricanes. He has 17 goals this season with 117 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 15%. He has a total of 23 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Victor Rask has averaged 17 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by scoring 15 goals on 129 shots. He has 25 assists giving him a total of 40 points on the season. Cam Ward has 19 wins and 15 losses this season in net for the Hurricanes. He has had 1,080 shots against him and has given up 101 goals. He has made 979 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Patrice Bergeron has accumulated 60 total points this season for the Bruins. He has 28 goals this season with 229 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 32 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Loui Eriksson has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 16% by scoring 24 goals on 146 shots. He has 25 assists giving him a total of 49 points on the season. Tuukka Rask has 27 wins and 18 losses this season in net for the Bruins. He has had 1,574 shots against him and has given up 128 goals. He has made 1,446 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Hurricanes have 71 total points this season. They have scored 164 goals while giving up 178 goals. They have had 204 power play opportunities and have scored 35 goals on those chances for a percentage of 17%. The Hurricanes have allowed 167 power play opportunities and given up 28 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.10% for the season to this point. They allow 27 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 90%.
The Bruins have a total of 83 points on the season. They have 41 power play goals on 196 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 21%. They have allowed 227 power play opportunities and have given up 40 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. As a team, the Hurricanes have a total of 204 goals scored while they've given up 183 goals to this point. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.56%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Carolina has a Corsi percentage of 53.7% as they've attempted 3,921 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,387 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 52.7% as they have 2,898 attempts while they've given up 2,602 shots on the defensive end. The Hurricanes start possessions in the offensive zone 54.9% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 45.1% for the season. They have 2,063 face off wins compared to 1,766 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 53.9%. On defense Carolina has 1,280 hits and they've blocked 785 shots from the opposition.
Boston has attempted 3,805 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,981 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 48.9% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 49.1% as they have 2,878 shots while they've given up 2,982 attempts on defense. The Bruins have an offensive zone percentage of 48.9% and their defensive zone percentage is 51.1% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50.1% as they've compiled 2,138 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,131 face off losses. On defense Boston has blocked 999 shot attempts and they have 1,787 hits as a unit.
Carolina Hurricanes Betting Trends
The Carolina Hurricanes are 29-37 straight up
The Carolina Hurricanes are 23-25-19 against the over/under
Boston Bruins Betting Trends
The Boston Bruins are 37-30 straight up
The Boston Bruins are 31-29-8 against the over/under
Carolina Hurricanes Injuries
10/09/15 D James Wisniewski Knee out 6 months
03/08/16 D Justin Faulk Ankle out indefinitely
02/27/16 C Andrej Nestrasil Back out for season
Boston Bruins Injuries
11/03/15 C Chris Kelly Leg out indefinitely
03/08/16 D Kevan Miller Upper Body "?" Thursday vs Carolina
02/08/16 GO Malcolm Subban Throat out indefinitely
Tony's Pick: Take Boston
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.