Wednesday, February 3, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Carolina Hurricanes travel to Scotiabank Saddledome to play the Calgary Flames on Wednesday, February 3, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Hurricanes at +101 and the Flames at -111. The over/under has been set at 5.
Carolina comes into this matchup having played 51 games. They have an overall record of 23-20-8 and on the road they have a record of 11-11-3. Currently they are 6th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 123 goals and given up 135 goals for a point differential of -12. The Hurricanes have 8 overtime losses including 1 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 7-2-1. For the season they have an ATS record of 23-28 and an over/under record of 15-18-18. Calgary shows up with a record of 21-24-3 including 14-10-0 at home this season. They are 6th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 126 goals and surrendered 146 for a goal differential of -20. The Flames have 3 losses in OT and 2 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 3-6-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 20-27 while their over/under record sits at 24-22-2.
Eric Staal has accumulated 30 total points this season for the Hurricanes. He has 9 goals this season with 129 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 21 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Justin Faulk has averaged 25 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 9% by scoring 14 goals on 154 shots. He has 19 assists giving him a total of 33 points on the season. Eddie Lack has 9 wins and 9 losses this season in net for the Hurricanes. He has had 573 shots against him and has given up 55 goals. He has made 518 saves for a save percentage of 90%.
John Gaudreau has accumulated 47 total points this season for the Flames. He has 20 goals this season with 130 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 15%. He has a total of 27 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Sean Monahan has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by scoring 14 goals on 113 shots. He has 15 assists giving him a total of 29 points on the season. Karri Ramo has 16 wins and 17 losses this season in net for the Flames. He has had 953 shots against him and has given up 86 goals. He has made 867 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Hurricanes have 54 total points this season. They have scored 123 goals while giving up 134 goals. They have had 156 power play opportunities and have scored 26 goals on those chances for a percentage of 17%. The Hurricanes have allowed 126 power play opportunities and given up 22 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.01% for the season to this point. They allow 27 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 90%.
The Flames have a total of 45 points on the season. They have 21 power play goals on 155 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 14%. They have allowed 115 power play opportunities and have given up 28 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 76%. As a team, the Hurricanes have a total of 125 goals scored while they've given up 144 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.93%. As a team they give up 29 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
Carolina has a Corsi percentage of 54.1% as they've attempted 2,935 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,490 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 53% as they have 2,162 attempts while they've given up 1,914 shots on the defensive end. The Hurricanes start possessions in the offensive zone 55.6% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 44.4% for the season. They have 1,534 face off wins compared to 1,329 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 53.6%. On defense Carolina has 945 hits and they've blocked 576 shots from the opposition.
Calgary has attempted 2,554 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,636 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 49.2% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 49.9% as they have 1,862 shots while they've given up 1,868 attempts on defense. The Flames have an offensive zone percentage of 52% and their defensive zone percentage is 48% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 48% as they've compiled 1,337 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,447 face off losses. On defense Calgary has blocked 768 shot attempts and they have 933 hits as a unit.
Carolina Hurricanes Betting Trends
The Carolina Hurricanes are 23-28 straight up
The Carolina Hurricanes are 15-18-18 against the over/under
Calgary Flames Betting Trends
The Calgary Flames are 20-27 straight up
The Calgary Flames are 24-22-2 against the over/under
Carolina Hurricanes Injuries
10/09/15 D James Wisniewski Knee out 6 months
01/31/16 GO Cam Ward Concussion is upgraded to probable Wednesday vs. Calgary
Calgary Flames Injuries
01/28/16 D Dennis Wideman Suspension out indefinitely
01/27/16 C Joe Colborne Undisclosed "?" Wednesday vs Carolina
01/27/16 C Josh Jooris Undisclosed "?" Wednesday vs Carolina
01/27/16 LW Michael Ferland Upper Body "?" Wednesday vs Carolina
Tony's Pick: Take Calgary
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.