Tuesday, February 2, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Chicago Blackhawks travel to Pepsi Center to play the Colorado Avalanche on Tuesday, February 2, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Blackhawks at -133 and the Avalanche at +110. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Chicago comes into this matchup having played 53 games. They have an overall record of 33-16-4 and on the road they have a record of 12-11-3. Currently they are 1st in the Central Division. They've scored 147 goals and given up 122 goals for a point differential of +25. The Blackhawks have 4 overtime losses including 0 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 7-3-0. For the season they have an ATS record of 32-20 and an over/under record of 16-26-11. Colorado shows up with a record of 27-22-3 including 12-10-3 at home this season. They are 4th in the Central Division. They've scored 143 goals and surrendered 142 for a goal differential of +1. The Avalanche have 3 losses in OT and 0 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 6-4-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 26-25 while their over/under record sits at 24-27-1.
Patrick Kane has accumulated 73 total points this season for the Blackhawks. He has 30 goals this season with 190 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 16%. He has a total of 43 assists on the season and averages 21 minutes played per game. Jonathan Toews has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 19 goals on 125 shots. He has 16 assists giving him a total of 35 points on the season. Corey Crawford has 28 wins and 12 losses this season in net for the Blackhawks. He has had 1257 shots against him and has given up 87 goals. He has made 1170 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Gabriel Landeskog has accumulated 35 total points this season for the Avalanche. He has 13 goals this season with 106 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 22 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Nathan MacKinnon has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 18 goals on 174 shots. He has 23 assists giving him a total of 41 points on the season. Semyon Varlamov has 19 wins and 12 losses this season in net for the Avalanche. He has had 1044 shots against him and has given up 86 goals. He has made 958 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Blackhawks have 70 total points this season. They have scored 146 goals while giving up 122 goals. They have had 158 power play opportunities and have scored 34 goals on those chances for a percentage of 22%. The Blackhawks have allowed 144 power play opportunities and given up 25 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. They average 31 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.02% for the season to this point. They allow 31 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 93%.
The Avalanche have a total of 57 points on the season. They have 35 power play goals on 176 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 20%. They have allowed 168 power play opportunities and have given up 34 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. As a team, the Blackhawks have a total of 142 goals scored while they've given up 142 goals to this point. They average 28 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.67%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Chicago has a Corsi percentage of 50.5% as they've attempted 2,916 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,857 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 49.8% as they have 2,122 attempts while they've given up 2,139 shots on the defensive end. The Blackhawks start possessions in the offensive zone 51.9% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 48.1% for the season. They have 1,532 face off wins compared to 1,551 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 49.7%. On defense Chicago has 897 hits and they've blocked 718 shots from the opposition.
Colorado has attempted 2,581 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,113 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 45.3% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 46.6% as they have 1,970 shots while they've given up 2,253 attempts on defense. The Avalanche have an offensive zone percentage of 48.6% and their defensive zone percentage is 51.4% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.4% as they've compiled 1,466 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,499 face off losses. On defense Colorado has blocked 860 shot attempts and they have 1,179 hits as a unit.
Chicago Blackhawks Betting Trends
The Chicago Blackhawks are 32-20 straight up
The Chicago Blackhawks are 16-26-11 against the over/under
Colorado Avalanche Betting Trends
The Colorado Avalanche are 26-25 straight up
The Colorado Avalanche are 24-27-1 against the over/under
Chicago Blackhawks Injuries
12/19/15 C Marcus Kruger Wrist expected to miss 4 months
01/28/16 C Jonathan Toews Illness expected to miss Tuesday vs. Colorado
Colorado Avalanche Injuries
12/30/15 D Brad Stuart Back out indefinitely
12/26/15 GO Reto Berra Ankle out indefinitely
10/06/15 C Jesse Winchester Concussion out indefinitely
01/27/16 GO Semyon Varlamov Legal problems "?" Tuesday vs Chicago
Tony's Pick: Take Colorado
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.