Friday, April 1, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Chicago Blackhawks travel to MTS Centre to play the Winnipeg Jets on Friday, April 1, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Blackhawks at -150 and the Jets at +136. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Chicago comes into this matchup having played 77 games. They have an overall record of 44-26-7 and on the road they have a record of 20-15-4. Currently they are 3rd in the Central Division. They've scored 213 goals and given up 192 goals for a point differential of +21. The Blackhawks have 7 overtime losses including 2 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 3-5-2. For the season they have an ATS record of 44-33 and an over/under record of 26-31-20. Winnipeg shows up with a record of 31-39-7 including 17-19-3 at home this season. They are 7th in the Central Division. They've scored 195 goals and surrendered 225 for a goal differential of -30. The Jets have 7 losses in OT and 3 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 4-4-2 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 29-46 while their over/under record sits at 31-37-9.
Patrick Kane has accumulated 94 total points this season for the Blackhawks. He has 39 goals this season with 267 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 15%. He has a total of 55 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Jonathan Toews has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 25 goals on 166 shots. He has 27 assists giving him a total of 52 points on the season. Corey Crawford has 35 wins and 18 losses this season in net for the Blackhawks. He has had 1,693 shots against him and has given up 126 goals. He has made 1,567 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Dustin Byfuglien has accumulated 45 total points this season for the Jets. He has 17 goals this season with 233 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 28 assists on the season and averages 25 minutes played per game. Blake Wheeler has averaged 0 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 0% by scoring 20 goals on 239 shots. He has 49 assists giving him a total of 69 points on the season. Ondrej Pavelec has 10 wins and 13 losses this season in net for the Jets. He has had 808 shots against him and has given up 75 goals. He has made 733 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Blackhawks have 95 total points this season. They have scored 212 goals while giving up 190 goals. They have had 233 power play opportunities and have scored 50 goals on those chances for a percentage of 21%. The Blackhawks have allowed 219 power play opportunities and given up 45 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%. They average 31 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.01% for the season to this point. They allow 31 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Jets have a total of 69 points on the season. They have 34 power play goals on 241 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 14%. They have allowed 269 power play opportunities and have given up 57 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%. As a team, the Blackhawks have a total of 193 goals scored while they've given up 222 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.47%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
Chicago has a Corsi percentage of 50.6% as they've attempted 4,338 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,239 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 49.8% as they have 3,158 attempts while they've given up 3,180 shots on the defensive end. The Blackhawks start possessions in the offensive zone 52% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 48% for the season. They have 2,245 face off wins compared to 2,301 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 49.4%. On defense Chicago has 1,314 hits and they've blocked 1,059 shots from the opposition.
Winnipeg has attempted 4,275 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,183 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 50.5% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.2% as they have 3,160 shots while they've given up 3,130 attempts on defense. The Jets have an offensive zone percentage of 51.5% and their defensive zone percentage is 48.5% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 46.9% as they've compiled 2,126 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,404 face off losses. On defense Winnipeg has blocked 1,053 shot attempts and they have 1,983 hits as a unit.
Chicago Blackhawks Betting Trends
The Chicago Blackhawks are 44-33 straight up
The Chicago Blackhawks are 26-31-20 against the over/under
Winnipeg Jets Betting Trends
The Winnipeg Jets are 29-46 straight up
The Winnipeg Jets are 31-37-9 against the over/under
Chicago Blackhawks Injuries
03/31/16 C Artem Anisimov Lower Body is upgraded to probable Friday vs. Winnipeg
03/31/16 D Brent Seabrook Illness is upgraded to probable Friday vs. Winnipeg
03/31/16 RW Marian Hossa Illness expected to miss Friday vs. Winnipeg
03/30/16 D Duncan Keith Suspension out indefinitely
03/25/16 GO Corey Crawford Upper Body out indefinitely
Winnipeg Jets Injuries
10/25/15 D Grant Clitsome Back out indefinitely
03/24/16 D Tyler Myers Knee out for season
03/22/16 D Tobias Enstrom Knee likely out for season
03/21/16 C Mathieu Perreault Concussion out indefinitely
03/12/16 RW Anthony Peluso Shoulder out for season
02/25/16 C Bryan Little Back out for season
Josh's Pick: Take Winnipeg
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.