Thursday, December 8, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Colorado Avalanche travel to TD Garden to play the Boston Bruins on Thursday, December 8, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Avalanche at +113 and the Bruins at -125. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Colorado comes into this matchup having played 24 games. They have an overall record of 9-13-1 and on the road they have a record of 5-6-0. Currently they are 7th in the Central Division. They've scored 52 goals and given up 73 goals for a point differential of -21. The Avalanche have an overall record of 3-6-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 9-15 and an over/under record of 9-11-4. Boston shows up with a record of 15-10-1 including 7-5-0 at home this season. They are 3rd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 63 goals and surrendered 58 for a goal differential of +5. The Bruins have a record of 5-4-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 13-11 while their over/under record sits at 8-14-4.
Nathan MacKinnon has accumulated 15 total points this season for the Avalanche. He has 5 goals this season with 84 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 6%. He has a total of 10 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Matt Duchene has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 16% by scoring 7 goals on 45 shots. He has 7 assists giving him a total of 14 points on the season. Semyon Varlamov has 5 wins and 11 losses this season in net for the Avalanche. He has had 505 shots against him and has given up 47 goals. He has made 458 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
David Pastrnak has accumulated 21 total points this season for the Bruins. He has 15 goals this season with 71 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 21%. He has a total of 6 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Brad Marchand has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 7 goals on 66 shots. He has 15 assists giving him a total of 22 points on the season. Tuukka Rask has 14 wins and 4 losses this season in net for the Bruins. He has had 521 shots against him and has given up 32 goals. He has made 489 saves for a save percentage of 94%.
The Avalanche have 19 total points this season. They have scored 49 goals while giving up 69 goals. They have had 72 power play opportunities and have scored 11 goals on those chances for a percentage of 15%. The Avalanche have allowed 91 power play opportunities and given up 19 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 7.30% for the season to this point. They allow 32 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Bruins have a total of 31 points on the season. They have 11 power play goals on 80 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 14%. They have allowed 88 power play opportunities and have given up 12 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 86%. As a team, the Avalanche have a total of 63 goals scored while they've given up 58 goals to this point. They average 33 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 7.30%. As a team they give up 28 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Colorado has a Corsi percentage of 48.4% as they've attempted 1,222 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,303 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 48.7% as they have 911 attempts while they've given up 961 shots on the defensive end. The Avalanche start possessions in the offensive zone 48.9% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 51.1% for the season. They have 752 face off wins compared to 650 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 53.6%. On defense Colorado has 501 hits and they've blocked 342 shots from the opposition.
Boston has attempted 1,587 shots at full strength and they've given up 1,368 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 53.7% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 54.2% as they have 1,192 shots while they've given up 1,008 attempts on defense. The Bruins have an offensive zone percentage of 53.1% and their defensive zone percentage is 46.9% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 52.7% as they've compiled 866 face off wins this season and they have suffered 778 face off losses. On defense Boston has blocked 360 shot attempts and they have 545 hits as a unit.
Colorado Avalanche Betting Trends
The Colorado Avalanche are 9-15 straight up
The Colorado Avalanche are 9-11-4 against the over/under
Boston Bruins Betting Trends
The Boston Bruins are 13-11 straight up
The Boston Bruins are 8-14-4 against the over/under
Colorado Avalanche Injuries
12/06/16 D Fedor Tyutin Lower Body "?" Thursday vs Boston
12/04/16 D Erik Johnson Fibula expected to miss 6-8 weeks
11/28/16 LW Gabriel Landeskog Lower Body out indefinitely
Boston Bruins Injuries
12/06/16 LW Matt Beleskey Knee is downgraded to expected to miss 6 weeks
11/29/16 D John-Michael Liles Concussion out indefinitely
11/10/16 C Noel Acciari Leg out indefinitely
10/10/16 C Frank Vatrano Foot out indefinitely
Josh's Pick: Take Boston -125
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.