Tuesday, April 5, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Colorado Avalanche travel to Bridgestone Arena to play the Nashville Predators on Tuesday, April 5, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Avalanche at +188 and the Predators at -210. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Colorado comes into this matchup having played 79 games. They have an overall record of 39-36-4 and on the road they have a record of 22-17-0. Currently they are 6th in the Central Division. They've scored 208 goals and given up 227 goals for a point differential of -19. The Avalanche have 4 overtime losses including 0 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 4-6-0. For the season they have an ATS record of 36-40 and an over/under record of 37-38-4. Nashville shows up with a record of 39-26-14 including 21-11-7 at home this season. They are 4th in the Central Division. They've scored 219 goals and surrendered 207 for a goal differential of +12. The Predators have 14 losses in OT and 2 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 5-4-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 37-40 while their over/under record sits at 32-31-16.
Gabriel Landeskog has accumulated 51 total points this season for the Avalanche. He has 20 goals this season with 166 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 31 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Nathan MacKinnon has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 9% by scoring 21 goals on 245 shots. He has 31 assists giving him a total of 52 points on the season. Semyon Varlamov has 27 wins and 23 losses this season in net for the Avalanche. He has had 1,655 shots against him and has given up 139 goals. He has made 1,516 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Shea Weber has accumulated 49 total points this season for the Predators. He has 19 goals this season with 185 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 0%. He has a total of 30 assists on the season and averages 0 minutes played per game. Filip Forsberg has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 31 goals on 237 shots. He has 28 assists giving him a total of 59 points on the season. Pekka Rinne has 32 wins and 21 losses this season in net for the Predators. He has had 1,698 shots against him and has given up 156 goals. He has made 1,542 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Avalanche have 82 total points this season. They have scored 204 goals while giving up 227 goals. They have had 252 power play opportunities and have scored 47 goals on those chances for a percentage of 19%. The Avalanche have allowed 247 power play opportunities and given up 46 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.99% for the season to this point. They allow 32 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Predators have a total of 92 points on the season. They have 48 power play goals on 248 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 19%. They have allowed 236 power play opportunities and have given up 45 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. As a team, the Avalanche have a total of 215 goals scored while they've given up 205 goals to this point. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.89%. As a team they give up 27 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Colorado has a Corsi percentage of 44.9% as they've attempted 4,017 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,929 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 46.1% as they have 3,061 attempts while they've given up 3,575 shots on the defensive end. The Avalanche start possessions in the offensive zone 48.8% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 51.2% for the season. They have 2,292 face off wins compared to 2,306 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 49.8%. On defense Colorado has 1,794 hits and they've blocked 1,354 shots from the opposition.
Nashville has attempted 4,437 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,108 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 51.9% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 53.1% as they have 3,326 shots while they've given up 2,937 attempts on defense. The Predators have an offensive zone percentage of 52.3% and their defensive zone percentage is 47.7% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 48.8% as they've compiled 2,305 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,419 face off losses. On defense Nashville has blocked 1,171 shot attempts and they have 1,835 hits as a unit.
Colorado Avalanche Betting Trends
The Colorado Avalanche are 36-40 straight up
The Colorado Avalanche are 37-38-4 against the over/under
Nashville Predators Betting Trends
The Nashville Predators are 37-40 straight up
The Nashville Predators are 32-31-16 against the over/under
Colorado Avalanche Injuries
12/30/15 D Brad Stuart Back out indefinitely
10/06/15 C Jesse Winchester Concussion out indefinitely
04/02/16 D Nikita Zadorov Concussion out indefinitely
03/27/16 C Nathan MacKinnon Knee out indefinitely
03/19/16 D Eric Gelinas Elbow out indefinitely
Nashville Predators Injuries
04/02/16 D Ryan Ellis Upper Body "?" Tuesday vs Colorado
Josh's Pick: Take Nashville
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.