Thursday, October 20, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Colorado Avalanche travel to Amalie Arena to play the Tampa Bay Lightning on Thursday, October 20, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Avalanche at +275 and the Lightning at -118. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Colorado comes into this matchup after having a regular season record of 39-39-4 last season and on the road they had a record of 22-19-0. They finished 6th in the Central Division. They scored 216 goals and gave up 240 goals for a point differential of -24. The Avalanche had 4 overtime losses including 0 of them in a shootout. In their last 10 games they had an overall record of 2-8-0. For the season they had an ATS record of 36-42 and an over/under record of 40-38-4. Tampa Bay had a regular season record of 46-31-5 including 25-13-3 at home last season. They were 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They scored 227 goals and surrendered 201 for a goal differential of +26. The Lightning had 5 losses in OT and 3 of them occurred in a shootout. They had a record of 5-5-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread was 45-35 while their over/under record sat at 34-38-10.
Matt Duchene accumulated 59 total points last season for the Avalanche. He had 30 goals last year with 200 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 15%. He had a total of 29 assists on the season and averaged 19 minutes played per game. Mikhail Grigorenko averaged 13 minutes of ice time per game last year. In that time he had a shooting percentage of 7% by scoring 6 goals on 84 shots. He had 21 assists giving him a total of 27 points on the season. Semyon Varlamov had 27 wins and 25 losses last season in net for the Avalanche. He had 1,714 shots against him and gave up 148 goals. He made 1,566 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Victor Hedman accumulated 47 total points last season for the Lightning. He had 10 goals last year with 180 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 6%. He had a total of 37 assists on the season and averaged 23 minutes played per game. Nikita Kucherov averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he had a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 30 goals on 209 shots. He had 36 assists giving him a total of 66 points on the season. Ben Bishop had 35 wins and 21 losses this season in net for the Lightning. He had 1,672 shots against him and gave up 123 goals. He made 1,549 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
The Avalanche had 82 total points last season. They scored 216 goals while giving up 240 goals. They had 266 power play opportunities and scored 48 goals on those chances for a percentage of 18%. The Avalanche allowed 258 power play opportunities and gave up 51 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. They averaged 29 shots per game and as a team they shot 9.20% for the season. They allowed 32 shots to their opposition per contest and had a team save percentage of 92%.
The Lightning had a total of 97 points on the season. They had 44 power play goals on 279 opportunities for a percentage of 16%. They allowed 257 power play opportunities and gave up 41 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. As a team, the Avalanche had a total of 227 goals scored while they gave up 201 goals during the campaign. They averaged 29 shots per contest and had a team shooting percentage of 9.45%. As a team they gave up 29 shots per game and had a save percentage of 92%.
Colorado had a Corsi percentage of 45.1% as they attempted 4,187 shots on net at full strength while they gave up 5,105 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage was at 46.1% as they had 3,167 attempts while they gave up 3,704 shots on the defensive end. The Avalanche started possessions in the offensive zone 49.1% of the time while their defensive zone percentage was at 50.9% for the season. They had 2,382 face off wins compared to 2,400 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage was 49.8%. On defense Colorado had 1,848 hits and they blocked 1,401 shots from the opposition.
Tampa Bay attempted 4,533 shots at full strength and they gave up 4,345 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage was at 51.1% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they were at 50.5% as they had 3,391 shots while they gave up 3,318 attempts on defense. The Lightning had an offensive zone percentage of 53.3% and their defensive zone percentage was 46.7% this season. They had a faceoff win percentage of 49.5% as they compiled 2,372 face off wins this season and they suffered 2,421 face off losses. On defense Tampa Bay blocked 1,027 shot attempts and they had 1,682 hits as a unit.
Colorado Avalanche Betting Trends
The Colorado Avalanche were 36-42 straight up last season
The Colorado Avalanche were 40-38-4 against the over/under
Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Trends
The Tampa Bay Lightning were 45-35 straight up last season
The Tampa Bay Lightning were 34-38-10 against the over/under
Colorado Avalanche Injuries
10/17/16 C John Mitchell Hip "?" Tuesday vs. Washington
Tampa Bay Lightning Injuries
10/08/16 RW Ryan Callahan Hip expected to miss a month
Tony's Pick: Take Colorado
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.