Sunday, February 21, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Colorado Avalanche travel to Rogers Arena to play the Vancouver Canucks on Sunday, February 21, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Avalanche at -105 and the Canucks at -115. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Colorado comes into this matchup having played 60 games. They have an overall record of 30-26-4 and on the road they have a record of 17-13-0. Currently they are 5th in the Central Division. They've scored 161 goals and given up 166 goals for a point differential of -5. The Avalanche have 4 overtime losses including 0 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 4-5-1. For the season they have an ATS record of 29-30 and an over/under record of 27-30-3. Vancouver shows up with a record of 22-24-12 including 9-13-5 at home this season. They are 5th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 137 goals and surrendered 167 for a goal differential of -30. The Canucks have 12 losses in OT and 3 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 2-7-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 22-36 while their over/under record sits at 21-23-14.
Gabriel Landeskog has accumulated 38 total points this season for the Avalanche. He has 14 goals this season with 122 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 24 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Nathan MacKinnon has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 19 goals on 199 shots. He has 25 assists giving him a total of 44 points on the season. Semyon Varlamov has 22 wins and 15 losses this season in net for the Avalanche. He has had 1,221 shots against him and has given up 102 goals. He has made 1,119 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Daniel Sedin has accumulated 49 total points this season for the Canucks. He has 22 goals this season with 193 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 27 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Henrik Sedin has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 10 goals on 66 shots. He has 32 assists giving him a total of 42 points on the season. Ryan Miller has 12 wins and 17 losses this season in net for the Canucks. He has had 1,178 shots against him and has given up 100 goals. He has made 1,078 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Avalanche have 64 total points this season. They have scored 159 goals while giving up 166 goals. They have had 205 power play opportunities and have scored 40 goals on those chances for a percentage of 20%. The Avalanche have allowed 191 power play opportunities and given up 39 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. They average 28 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.40% for the season to this point. They allow 32 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Canucks have a total of 56 points on the season. They have 30 power play goals on 177 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 17%. They have allowed 185 power play opportunities and have given up 35 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. As a team, the Avalanche have a total of 133 goals scored while they've given up 164 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.03%. As a team they give up 32 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Colorado has a Corsi percentage of 44.6% as they've attempted 2,998 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,726 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 45.9% as they have 2,289 attempts while they've given up 2,702 shots on the defensive end. The Avalanche start possessions in the offensive zone 48.5% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 51.5% for the season. They have 1,737 face off wins compared to 1,765 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 49.6%. On defense Colorado has 1,389 hits and they've blocked 1,024 shots from the opposition.
Vancouver has attempted 2,988 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,272 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 47.7% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 47.7% as they have 2,277 shots while they've given up 2,494 attempts on defense. The Canucks have an offensive zone percentage of 50.4% and their defensive zone percentage is 49.6% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 45.3% as they've compiled 1,585 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,913 face off losses. On defense Vancouver has blocked 778 shot attempts and they have 1,056 hits as a unit.
Colorado Avalanche Betting Trends
The Colorado Avalanche are 29-30 straight up
The Colorado Avalanche are 27-30-3 against the over/under
Vancouver Canucks Betting Trends
The Vancouver Canucks are 22-36 straight up
The Vancouver Canucks are 21-23-14 against the over/under
Colorado Avalanche Injuries
12/30/15 D Brad Stuart Back out indefinitely
10/06/15 C Jesse Winchester Concussion out indefinitely
Vancouver Canucks Injuries
02/10/16 D Alexander Edler Fibula out indefinitely
02/10/16 C Brandon Sutter Jaw out 6-8 weeks
Josh's Pick: Take Vancouver
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.