Tuesday, March 1, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Dallas Stars travel to Bridgestone Arena to play the Nashville Predators on Tuesday, March 1, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Stars at +122 and the Predators at -135. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Dallas comes into this matchup having played 63 games. They have an overall record of 38-19-6 and on the road they have a record of 18-9-6. Currently they are 2nd in the Central Division. They've scored 204 goals and given up 181 goals for a point differential of +23. The Stars have 6 overtime losses including 2 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 5-4-1. For the season they have an ATS record of 38-25 and an over/under record of 34-28-1. Nashville shows up with a record of 31-21-11 including 16-10-5 at home this season. They are 4th in the Central Division. They've scored 167 goals and surrendered 158 for a goal differential of +9. The Predators have 11 losses in OT and 1 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 6-1-3 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 30-32 while their over/under record sits at 21-29-13.
Tyler Seguin has accumulated 68 total points this season for the Stars. He has 32 goals this season with 241 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He has a total of 36 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Jamie Benn has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 16% by scoring 32 goals on 198 shots. He has 38 assists giving him a total of 70 points on the season. Antti Niemi has 22 wins and 11 losses this season in net for the Stars. He has had 1,026 shots against him and has given up 98 goals. He has made 928 saves for a save percentage of 90%.
Shea Weber has accumulated 36 total points this season for the Predators. He has 15 goals this season with 139 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 21 assists on the season and averages 25 minutes played per game. Filip Forsberg has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 26 goals on 192 shots. He has 20 assists giving him a total of 46 points on the season. Pekka Rinne has 24 wins and 18 losses this season in net for the Predators. He has had 1,353 shots against him and has given up 122 goals. He has made 1,231 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Stars have 82 total points this season. They have scored 202 goals while giving up 179 goals. They have had 199 power play opportunities and have scored 44 goals on those chances for a percentage of 22%. The Stars have allowed 188 power play opportunities and given up 39 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%. They average 32 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.94% for the season to this point. They allow 29 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 90%.
The Predators have a total of 73 points on the season. They have 40 power play goals on 204 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 20%. They have allowed 189 power play opportunities and have given up 38 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. As a team, the Stars have a total of 164 goals scored while they've given up 157 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.59%. As a team they give up 27 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Dallas has a Corsi percentage of 53% as they've attempted 3,959 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,514 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 52.4% as they have 2,899 attempts while they've given up 2,638 shots on the defensive end. The Stars start possessions in the offensive zone 52.8% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 47.2% for the season. They have 2,031 face off wins compared to 1,981 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 50.6%. On defense Dallas has 1,144 hits and they've blocked 876 shots from the opposition.
Nashville has attempted 3,495 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,221 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 52% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 53.4% as they have 2,626 shots while they've given up 2,295 attempts on defense. The Predators have an offensive zone percentage of 52.4% and their defensive zone percentage is 47.6% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.5% as they've compiled 1,858 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,892 face off losses. On defense Nashville has blocked 926 shot attempts and they have 1,452 hits as a unit.
Dallas Stars Betting Trends
The Dallas Stars are 38-25 straight up
The Dallas Stars are 34-28-1 against the over/under
Nashville Predators Betting Trends
The Nashville Predators are 30-32 straight up
The Nashville Predators are 21-29-13 against the over/under
Dallas Stars Injuries
10/05/15 RW Brett Ritchie Wrist out indefinitely
02/27/16 RW Ales Hemsky Illness left last game, "?" Monday vs Detroit
02/25/16 RW Patrick Eaves Pneumonia expected to miss 1-2 weeks
Nashville Predators Injuries
02/27/16 D Shea Weber Lower Body "?" Tuesday vs Dallas
02/02/16 LW Eric Nystrom Foot out indefinitely
Tony's Pick: Take Dallas
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.