Tuesday, January 5, 2015
Madison Square Garden
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Dallas Stars travel to Madison Square Garden to play the New York Rangers on Tuesday, January 5, 2015. The opening line for this game has the Stars at +100 and the Rangers at -110. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Dallas comes into this matchup having played 41 games. They have an overall record of 28-9-4 and on the road they have a record of 12-5-4. Currently they are 1st in the Central Division. They've scored 144 goals and given up 107 goals for a point differential of +37. New York shows up with a record of 21-14-4 including 14-5-1 at home this season. They are 3rd in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 112 goals and surrendered 103 for a goal differential of +9.
Tyler Seguin has accumulated 50 total points this season for the Stars. He has 23 goals this season with 160 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 27 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Jamie Benn has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 19% by scoring 24 goals on 127 shots. He has 28 assists giving him a total of 52 points on the season. Antti Niemi has 16 wins and 6 losses this season in net for the Stars. He has had 710 shots against him and has given up 58 goals. He has made 652 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Rick Nash has accumulated 26 total points this season for the Rangers. He has 12 goals this season with 115 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 14 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Mats Zuccarello has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 24% by scoring 16 goals on 68 shots. He has 15 assists giving him a total of 31 points on the season. Henrik Lundqvist has 17 wins and 11 losses this season in net for the Rangers. He has had 972 shots against him and has given up 78 goals. He has made 894 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Stars have 60 total points this season. They have scored 143 goals while giving up 105 goals. They have had 131 power play opportunities and have scored 30 goals on those chances for a percentage of 23%. The Stars have allowed 120 power play opportunities and given up 24 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. They average 33 shots per game and as a team are shooting 10.70% for the season to this point. They allow 29 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Rangers have a total of 46 points on the season. They have 22 power play goals on 111 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 20%. They have allowed 130 power play opportunities and have given up 26 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. As a team, the Stars have a total of 111 goals scored while they've given up 101 goals to this point. They average 28 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 10.06%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Dallas Stars Betting Trends
The Dallas Stars are 27-13 straight up
The Dallas Stars are 21-19-1 against the over/under
New York Rangers Betting Trends
The New York Rangers are 20-18 straight up
The New York Rangers are 17-17-4 against the over/under
Dallas Stars Injuries
12/30/15 RW Ales Hemsky Lower Body expected to miss 7-10 days
10/05/15 RW Brett Ritchie Wrist out indefinitely
New York Rangers Injuries
No key injuries to report
Tony's Pick: Take New York
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.