Saturday, January 16, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Dallas Stars travel to SAP Center to play the San Jose Sharks on Saturday, January 16, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Stars at +113 and the Sharks at -125. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Dallas comes into this matchup having played 44 games. They have an overall record of 29-11-4 and on the road they have a record of 12-6-4. Currently they are 1st in the Central Division. They've scored 149 goals and given up 116 goals for a point differential of +33. San Jose shows up with a record of 22-18-2 including 7-12-0 at home this season. They are 3rd in the Pacific Division. They've scored 120 goals and surrendered 114 for a goal differential of +6.
Tyler Seguin has accumulated 51 total points this season for the Stars. He has 24 goals this season with 166 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 27 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Jamie Benn has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 18% by scoring 25 goals on 138 shots. He has 28 assists giving him a total of 53 points on the season. Antti Niemi has 16 wins and 8 losses this season in net for the Stars. He has had 764 shots against him and has given up 66 goals. He has made 698 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Joe Pavelski has accumulated 43 total points this season for the Sharks. He has 22 goals this season with 114 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 19%. He has a total of 21 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Patrick Marleau has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 14 goals on 111 shots. He has 16 assists giving him a total of 30 points on the season. Martin Jones has 19 wins and 13 losses this season in net for the Sharks. He has had 925 shots against him and has given up 80 goals. He has made 845 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Stars have 62 total points this season. They have scored 147 goals while giving up 114 goals. They have had 138 power play opportunities and have scored 31 goals on those chances for a percentage of 22%. The Stars have allowed 128 power play opportunities and given up 24 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. They average 32 shots per game and as a team are shooting 10.36% for the season to this point. They allow 29 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Sharks have a total of 46 points on the season. They have 29 power play goals on 142 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 20%. They have allowed 129 power play opportunities and have given up 26 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. As a team, the Stars have a total of 118 goals scored while they've given up 114 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.34%. As a team they give up 28 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
Dallas Stars Betting Trends
The Dallas Stars are 27-15 straight up
The Dallas Stars are 22-21-1 against the over/under
San Jose Sharks Betting Trends
The San Jose Sharks are 20-20 straight up
The San Jose Sharks are 23-15-3 against the over/under
Dallas Stars Injuries
10/05/15 RW Brett Ritchie Wrist out indefinitely
01/09/16 RW Ales Hemsky Lower Body "?" Friday vs Anaheim
01/09/16 D Jordie Benn Lower Body "?" Friday vs Anaheim
San Jose Sharks Injuries
01/14/16 C Dainius Zubrus Upper Body out indefinitely
Josh's Pick: Take San Jose
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.