Tuesday, February 23, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Dallas Stars travel to MTS Centre to play the Winnipeg Jets on Tuesday, February 23, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Stars at -140 and the Jets at +127. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Dallas comes into this matchup having played 60 games. They have an overall record of 37-17-6 and on the road they have a record of 17-9-6. Currently they are 2nd in the Central Division. They've scored 194 goals and given up 169 goals for a point differential of +25. The Stars have 6 overtime losses including 2 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 6-3-1. For the season they have an ATS record of 37-23 and an over/under record of 32-27-1. Winnipeg shows up with a record of 25-29-4 including 13-13-1 at home this season. They are 7th in the Central Division. They've scored 149 goals and surrendered 171 for a goal differential of -22. The Jets have 4 losses in OT and 3 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 4-5-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 23-33 while their over/under record sits at 25-29-4.
Tyler Seguin has accumulated 65 total points this season for the Stars. He has 31 goals this season with 227 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 34 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Jamie Benn has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 16% by scoring 30 goals on 188 shots. He has 37 assists giving him a total of 67 points on the season. Antti Niemi has 21 wins and 11 losses this season in net for the Stars. He has had 993 shots against him and has given up 92 goals. He has made 901 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Dustin Byfuglien has accumulated 36 total points this season for the Jets. He has 15 goals this season with 179 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 21 assists on the season and averages 25 minutes played per game. Blake Wheeler has averaged 20 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 9% by scoring 16 goals on 173 shots. He has 38 assists giving him a total of 54 points on the season. Connor Hellebuyck has 13 wins and 11 losses this season in net for the Jets. He has had 683 shots against him and has given up 56 goals. He has made 627 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Stars have 80 total points this season. They have scored 192 goals while giving up 167 goals. They have had 190 power play opportunities and have scored 40 goals on those chances for a percentage of 21%. The Stars have allowed 179 power play opportunities and given up 38 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%. They average 32 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.91% for the season to this point. They allow 29 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Jets have a total of 54 points on the season. They have 31 power play goals on 186 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 17%. They have allowed 217 power play opportunities and have given up 48 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 78%. As a team, the Stars have a total of 147 goals scored while they've given up 168 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.49%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
Dallas has a Corsi percentage of 53% as they've attempted 3,771 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,342 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 52.3% as they have 2,759 attempts while they've given up 2,518 shots on the defensive end. The Stars start possessions in the offensive zone 52.9% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 47.1% for the season. They have 1,939 face off wins compared to 1,882 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 50.7%. On defense Dallas has 1,083 hits and they've blocked 824 shots from the opposition.
Winnipeg has attempted 3,242 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,153 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 50.7% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.4% as they have 2,395 shots while they've given up 2,357 attempts on defense. The Jets have an offensive zone percentage of 52% and their defensive zone percentage is 48% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 47.6% as they've compiled 1,659 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,827 face off losses. On defense Winnipeg has blocked 796 shot attempts and they have 1,487 hits as a unit.
Dallas Stars Betting Trends
The Dallas Stars are 37-23 straight up
The Dallas Stars are 32-27-1 against the over/under
Winnipeg Jets Betting Trends
The Winnipeg Jets are 23-33 straight up
The Winnipeg Jets are 25-29-4 against the over/under
Dallas Stars Injuries
10/05/15 RW Brett Ritchie Wrist out indefinitely
02/12/16 LW Travis Moen Lower Body out indefinitely
Winnipeg Jets Injuries
10/25/15 D Grant Clitsome Back out indefinitely
02/20/16 C Bryan Little Neck "?" Tuesday vs Dallas
02/15/16 D Mark Stuart Hand expected to miss 4-6 weeks
Tony's Pick: Take Winnipeg
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.