Thursday, April 7, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Detroit Red Wings travel to TD Garden to play the Boston Bruins on Thursday, April 7, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Red Wings at +136 and the Bruins at -150. The over/under has been set at 5.
Detroit comes into this matchup having played 79 games. They have an overall record of 40-28-11 and on the road they have a record of 19-15-5. Currently they are 3rd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 204 goals and given up 216 goals for a point differential of -12. The Red Wings have 11 overtime losses including 5 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 6-4-0. For the season they have an ATS record of 39-39 and an over/under record of 30-35-14. Boston shows up with a record of 41-30-9 including 16-17-6 at home this season. They are 4th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 234 goals and surrendered 222 for a goal differential of +12. The Bruins have 9 losses in OT and 2 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 2-7-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 40-39 while their over/under record sits at 34-36-10.
Dylan Larkin has accumulated 45 total points this season for the Red Wings. He has 23 goals this season with 213 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 22 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Henrik Zetterberg has averaged 0 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 0% by scoring 13 goals on 209 shots. He has 35 assists giving him a total of 48 points on the season. Petr Mrazek has 27 wins and 16 losses this season in net for the Red Wings. He has had 1,440 shots against him and has given up 115 goals. He has made 1,325 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Patrice Bergeron has accumulated 67 total points this season for the Bruins. He has 32 goals this season with 275 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 35 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Loui Eriksson has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 16% by scoring 29 goals on 179 shots. He has 32 assists giving him a total of 61 points on the season. Tuukka Rask has 30 wins and 22 losses this season in net for the Bruins. He has had 1,839 shots against him and has given up 155 goals. He has made 1,684 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Red Wings have 91 total points this season. They have scored 202 goals while giving up 211 goals. They have had 254 power play opportunities and have scored 49 goals on those chances for a percentage of 19%. The Red Wings have allowed 261 power play opportunities and given up 49 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.57% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Bruins have a total of 91 points on the season. They have 47 power play goals on 226 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 21%. They have allowed 266 power play opportunities and have given up 48 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. As a team, the Red Wings have a total of 230 goals scored while they've given up 220 goals to this point. They average 32 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.03%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Detroit has a Corsi percentage of 51.4% as they've attempted 4,318 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,084 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.4% as they have 3,269 attempts while they've given up 3,215 shots on the defensive end. The Red Wings start possessions in the offensive zone 53.7% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 46.3% for the season. They have 2,325 face off wins compared to 2,266 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 50.6%. On defense Detroit has 1,588 hits and they've blocked 869 shots from the opposition.
Boston has attempted 4,539 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,631 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 49.5% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 49.9% as they have 3,448 shots while they've given up 3,465 attempts on defense. The Bruins have an offensive zone percentage of 50.2% and their defensive zone percentage is 49.8% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50.3% as they've compiled 2,523 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,491 face off losses. On defense Boston has blocked 1,166 shot attempts and they have 2,120 hits as a unit.
Detroit Red Wings Betting Trends
The Detroit Red Wings are 39-39 straight up
The Detroit Red Wings are 30-35-14 against the over/under
Boston Bruins Betting Trends
The Boston Bruins are 40-39 straight up
The Boston Bruins are 34-36-10 against the over/under
Detroit Red Wings Injuries
10/15/15 C Johan Franzen Concussion out indefinitely
01/11/16 LW Drew Miller Knee out 4-6 months
Boston Bruins Injuries
11/03/15 C Chris Kelly Leg out indefinitely
04/05/16 RW Brett Connolly Lower Body "?" Thursday vs Detroit
04/05/16 D Dennis Seidenberg Lower Body "?" Thursday vs Detroit
02/08/16 GO Malcolm Subban Throat out indefinitely
Tony's Pick: Take Boston
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's Expert Expert NHL Picks.