Saturday, February 27, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Detroit Red Wings travel to Pepsi Center to play the Colorado Avalanche on Saturday, February 27, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Red Wings at -115 and the Avalanche at -105. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Detroit comes into this matchup having played 61 games. They have an overall record of 30-20-11 and on the road they have a record of 14-10-5. Currently they are 4th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 153 goals and given up 158 goals for a point differential of -5. The Red Wings have 11 overtime losses including 5 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 5-2-3. For the season they have an ATS record of 29-31 and an over/under record of 21-30-10. Colorado shows up with a record of 32-27-4 including 14-13-4 at home this season. They are 5th in the Central Division. They've scored 169 goals and surrendered 176 for a goal differential of -7. The Avalanche have 4 losses in OT and 0 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 5-4-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 30-31 while their over/under record sits at 29-31-3.
Dylan Larkin has accumulated 39 total points this season for the Red Wings. He has 19 goals this season with 161 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 20 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Henrik Zetterberg has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 8% by scoring 12 goals on 146 shots. He has 29 assists giving him a total of 41 points on the season. Petr Mrazek has 23 wins and 11 losses this season in net for the Red Wings. He has had 1,171 shots against him and has given up 84 goals. He has made 1,087 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Gabriel Landeskog has accumulated 41 total points this season for the Avalanche. He has 15 goals this season with 132 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 26 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Nathan MacKinnon has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 9% by scoring 19 goals on 217 shots. He has 26 assists giving him a total of 45 points on the season. Semyon Varlamov has 22 wins and 16 losses this season in net for the Avalanche. He has had 1,249 shots against him and has given up 106 goals. He has made 1,143 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Red Wings have 71 total points this season. They have scored 151 goals while giving up 153 goals. They have had 193 power play opportunities and have scored 34 goals on those chances for a percentage of 18%. The Red Wings have allowed 201 power play opportunities and given up 37 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.50% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Avalanche have a total of 68 points on the season. They have 41 power play goals on 212 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 19%. They have allowed 197 power play opportunities and have given up 40 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. As a team, the Red Wings have a total of 166 goals scored while they've given up 176 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.23%. As a team they give up 32 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Detroit has a Corsi percentage of 51% as they've attempted 3,242 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,115 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50% as they have 2,455 attempts while they've given up 2,459 shots on the defensive end. The Red Wings start possessions in the offensive zone 53.1% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 46.9% for the season. They have 1,734 face off wins compared to 1,748 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 49.8%. On defense Detroit has 1,217 hits and they've blocked 656 shots from the opposition.
Colorado has attempted 3,176 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,885 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 45% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 46.2% as they have 2,429 shots while they've given up 2,823 attempts on defense. The Avalanche have an offensive zone percentage of 48.8% and their defensive zone percentage is 51.2% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.7% as they've compiled 1,830 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,854 face off losses. On defense Colorado has blocked 1,062 shot attempts and they have 1,443 hits as a unit.
Detroit Red Wings Betting Trends
The Detroit Red Wings are 29-31 straight up
The Detroit Red Wings are 21-30-10 against the over/under
Colorado Avalanche Betting Trends
The Colorado Avalanche are 30-31 straight up
The Colorado Avalanche are 29-31-3 against the over/under
Detroit Red Wings Injuries
10/15/15 C Johan Franzen Concussion out indefinitely
02/24/16 D Jonathan Ericsson Lower Body is upgraded to probable Saturday vs Colorado
01/11/16 LW Drew Miller Knee out 4-6 months
Colorado Avalanche Injuries
12/30/15 D Brad Stuart Back out indefinitely
10/06/15 C Jesse Winchester Concussion out indefinitely
Josh's Pick: Take Colorado
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.