Saturday, April 9, 2016
Madison Square Garden
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Detroit Red Wings travel to Madison Square Garden to play the New York Rangers on Saturday, April 9, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Red Wings at +147 and the Rangers at -169. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Detroit comes into this matchup having played 81 games. They have an overall record of 41-29-11 and on the road they have a record of 19-16-5. Currently they are 3rd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 209 goals and given up 221 goals for a point differential of -12. The Red Wings have 11 overtime losses including 5 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 6-4-0. For the season they have an ATS record of 40-40 and an over/under record of 31-36-14. New York shows up with a record of 45-27-9 including 26-10-4 at home this season. They are 4th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 233 goals and surrendered 215 for a goal differential of +18. The Rangers have 9 losses in OT and 2 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 5-4-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 44-36 while their over/under record sits at 37-28-16.
Dylan Larkin has accumulated 45 total points this season for the Red Wings. He has 23 goals this season with 217 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 22 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Henrik Zetterberg has averaged 0 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 0% by scoring 13 goals on 212 shots. He has 36 assists giving him a total of 49 points on the season. Petr Mrazek has 27 wins and 16 losses this season in net for the Red Wings. He has had 1,448 shots against him and has given up 115 goals. He has made 1,333 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Derick Brassard has accumulated 58 total points this season for the Rangers. He has 27 goals this season with 180 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 15%. He has a total of 31 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Mats Zuccarello has averaged 0 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 0% by scoring 26 goals on 166 shots. He has 35 assists giving him a total of 61 points on the season. Henrik Lundqvist has 35 wins and 21 losses this season in net for the Rangers. He has had 1,944 shots against him and has given up 156 goals. He has made 1,788 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Red Wings have 93 total points this season. They have scored 207 goals while giving up 216 goals. They have had 262 power play opportunities and have scored 49 goals on those chances for a percentage of 19%. The Red Wings have allowed 269 power play opportunities and given up 50 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.63% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Rangers have a total of 99 points on the season. They have 42 power play goals on 224 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 19%. They have allowed 239 power play opportunities and have given up 52 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 78%. As a team, the Red Wings have a total of 230 goals scored while they've given up 213 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.93%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Detroit has a Corsi percentage of 51.2% as they've attempted 4,399 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,199 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.2% as they have 3,325 attempts while they've given up 3,297 shots on the defensive end. The Red Wings start possessions in the offensive zone 53.5% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 46.5% for the season. They have 2,386 face off wins compared to 2,337 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 50.5%. On defense Detroit has 1,638 hits and they've blocked 902 shots from the opposition.
New York has attempted 4,320 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,758 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 47.6% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 48.3% as they have 3,234 shots while they've given up 3,458 attempts on defense. The Rangers have an offensive zone percentage of 50.1% and their defensive zone percentage is 49.9% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.2% as they've compiled 2,283 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,359 face off losses. On defense New York has blocked 1,300 shot attempts and they have 2,141 hits as a unit.
Detroit Red Wings Betting Trends
The Detroit Red Wings are 40-40 straight up
The Detroit Red Wings are 31-36-14 against the over/under
New York Rangers Betting Trends
The New York Rangers are 44-36 straight up
The New York Rangers are 37-28-16 against the over/under
Detroit Red Wings Injuries
10/15/15 C Johan Franzen Concussion out indefinitely
04/07/16 LW Justin Abdelkader Lower Body injured last game, "?" Saturday vs New York Rangers
01/11/16 LW Drew Miller Knee out 4-6 months
New York Rangers Injuries
04/07/16 D Daniel Girardi Upper Body "?" Saturday vs Detroit
04/05/16 D Ryan McDonagh Hand out indefinitely
Tony's Pick: Take Detroit
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.