Tuesday, March 22, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Detroit Red Wings travel to Amalie Arena to play the Tampa Bay Lightning on Tuesday, March 22, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Red Wings at +136 and the Lightning at -150. The over/under has been set at 5.
Detroit comes into this matchup having played 72 games. They have an overall record of 36-25-11 and on the road they have a record of 18-13-5. Currently they are 4th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 184 goals and given up 190 goals for a point differential of -6. The Red Wings have 11 overtime losses including 5 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 5-5-0. For the season they have an ATS record of 35-36 and an over/under record of 26-34-12. Tampa Bay shows up with a record of 41-26-5 including 21-11-3 at home this season. They are 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 196 goals and surrendered 171 for a goal differential of +25. The Lightning have 5 losses in OT and 3 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 5-4-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 40-31 while their over/under record sits at 28-35-9.
Dylan Larkin has accumulated 43 total points this season for the Red Wings. He has 21 goals this season with 193 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 22 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Henrik Zetterberg has averaged 0 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 0% by scoring 13 goals on 184 shots. He has 31 assists giving him a total of 44 points on the season. Petr Mrazek has 26 wins and 15 losses this season in net for the Red Wings. He has had 1,359 shots against him and has given up 103 goals. He has made 1,256 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Steven Stamkos has accumulated 58 total points this season for the Lightning. He has 33 goals this season with 197 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 17%. He has a total of 25 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Nikita Kucherov has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 27 goals on 188 shots. He has 31 assists giving him a total of 58 points on the season. Ben Bishop has 30 wins and 19 losses this season in net for the Lightning. He has had 1,488 shots against him and has given up 107 goals. He has made 1,381 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
The Red Wings have 83 total points this season. They have scored 182 goals while giving up 185 goals. They have had 232 power play opportunities and have scored 40 goals on those chances for a percentage of 17%. The Red Wings have allowed 240 power play opportunities and given up 45 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.49% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Lightning have a total of 87 points on the season. They have 39 power play goals on 239 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 16%. They have allowed 220 power play opportunities and have given up 35 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. As a team, the Red Wings have a total of 193 goals scored while they've given up 168 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.23%. As a team they give up 29 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Detroit has a Corsi percentage of 51.4% as they've attempted 3,917 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,708 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.3% as they have 2,957 attempts while they've given up 2,921 shots on the defensive end. The Red Wings start possessions in the offensive zone 53.9% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 46.1% for the season. They have 2,086 face off wins compared to 2,078 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 50.1%. On defense Detroit has 1,450 hits and they've blocked 787 shots from the opposition.
Tampa Bay has attempted 3,986 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,845 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 50.9% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.4% as they have 2,972 shots while they've given up 2,930 attempts on defense. The Lightning have an offensive zone percentage of 53.5% and their defensive zone percentage is 46.5% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.5% as they've compiled 2,083 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,125 face off losses. On defense Tampa Bay has blocked 915 shot attempts and they have 1,462 hits as a unit.
Detroit Red Wings Betting Trends
The Detroit Red Wings are 35-36 straight up
The Detroit Red Wings are 26-34-12 against the over/under
Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Trends
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 40-31 straight up
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 28-35-9 against the over/under
Detroit Red Wings Injuries
10/15/15 C Johan Franzen Concussion out indefinitely
03/19/16 GO Petr Mrazek Illness "?" Tuesday vs Tampa Bay
01/11/16 LW Drew Miller Knee out 4-6 months
Tampa Bay Lightning Injuries
10/06/14 D Mattias Ohlund Knee out indefinitely
03/19/16 RW Ryan Callahan Undisclosed "?" Tuesday vs Detroit
03/15/16 C Valtteri Filppula Upper Body out indefinitely
Guy's Pick: Take Detroit
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's Expert Expert NHL Picks.