Wednesday, April 13, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Detroit Red Wings travel to Amalie Arena to play the Tampa Bay Lightning on Wednesday, April 13, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Red Wings at -125 and the Lightning at +105. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Detroit comes into this matchup having played 82 games. They have an overall record of 41-30-11 and on the road they have a record of 19-17-5. Currently they are 4th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 211 goals and given up 224 goals for a point differential of -13. The Red Wings have 11 overtime losses including 5 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 5-5-0. For the season they have an ATS record of 40-40 and an over/under record of 31-36-15. Tampa Bay shows up with a record of 46-31-5 including 25-13-3 at home this season. They are 3rd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 227 goals and surrendered 201 for a goal differential of +26. The Lightning have 5 losses in OT and 3 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 5-5-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 45-35 while their over/under record sits at 34-38-10.
Dylan Larkin has accumulated 45 total points this season for the Red Wings. He has 23 goals this season with 221 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 22 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Henrik Zetterberg has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 6% by scoring 13 goals on 214 shots. He has 37 assists giving him a total of 50 points on the season. Petr Mrazek has 27 wins and 16 losses this season in net for the Red Wings. He has had 1,448 shots against him and has given up 115 goals. He has made 1,333 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Nikita Kucherov has accumulated 66 total points this season for the Lightning. He has 30 goals this season with 209 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 36 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Victor Hedman has averaged 23 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 6% by scoring 10 goals on 180 shots. He has 37 assists giving him a total of 47 points on the season. Ben Bishop has 35 wins and 21 losses this season in net for the Lightning. He has had 1,672 shots against him and has given up 123 goals. He has made 1,549 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
The Red Wings have 93 total points this season. They have scored 209 goals while giving up 219 goals. They have had 266 power play opportunities and have scored 50 goals on those chances for a percentage of 19%. The Red Wings have allowed 271 power play opportunities and given up 50 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.59% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Lightning have a total of 97 points on the season. They have 44 power play goals on 279 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 16%. They have allowed 257 power play opportunities and have given up 41 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. As a team, the Red Wings have a total of 224 goals scored while they've given up 198 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.33%. As a team they give up 29 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Detroit has a Corsi percentage of 51.3% as they've attempted 4,458 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,239 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.3% as they have 3,370 attempts while they've given up 3,330 shots on the defensive end. The Red Wings start possessions in the offensive zone 53.5% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 46.5% for the season. They have 2,417 face off wins compared to 2,367 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 50.5%. On defense Detroit has 1,651 hits and they've blocked 909 shots from the opposition.
Tampa Bay has attempted 4,533 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,345 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 51.1% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.5% as they have 3,391 shots while they've given up 3,318 attempts on defense. The Lightning have an offensive zone percentage of 53.3% and their defensive zone percentage is 46.7% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.5% as they've compiled 2,372 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,421 face off losses. On defense Tampa Bay has blocked 1,027 shot attempts and they have 1,682 hits as a unit.
Detroit Red Wings Betting Trends
The Detroit Red Wings are 40-40 straight up
The Detroit Red Wings are 31-36-15 against the over/under
Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Trends
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 45-35 straight up
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 34-38-10 against the over/under
Detroit Red Wings Injuries
10/15/15 C Johan Franzen Concussion out indefinitely
01/11/16 LW Drew Miller Knee out 4-6 months
Tampa Bay Lightning Injuries
10/06/14 D Mattias Ohlund Knee out indefinitely
04/12/16 RW Ryan Callahan Lower Body is upgraded to probable Wednesday vs. Detroit
04/11/16 RW Nikita Kucherov Foot probable Wednesday vs. Detroit
04/11/16 D Victor Hedman Upper Body is upgraded to probable Wednesday vs. Detroit
04/10/16 C Tyler Johnson Upper Body injured last game, "?" Wednesday vs. Detroit
04/03/16 C Steven Stamkos Blood Clot expected to miss 1-3 months
03/26/16 D Anton Stralman Fibula out indefinitely
Guy's Pick: Take Tampa Bay
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.