Saturday, April 2, 2016
Air Canada Centre
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Detroit Red Wings travel to Air Canada Centre to play the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday, April 2, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Red Wings at -141 and the Maple Leafs at +128. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Detroit comes into this matchup having played 77 games. They have an overall record of 38-28-11 and on the road they have a record of 18-15-5. Currently they are 4th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 198 goals and given up 212 goals for a point differential of -14. The Red Wings have 11 overtime losses including 5 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 5-5-0. For the season they have an ATS record of 37-39 and an over/under record of 30-34-13. Toronto shows up with a record of 28-38-11 including 14-15-9 at home this season. They are 8th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 187 goals and surrendered 226 for a goal differential of -39. The Maple Leafs have 11 losses in OT and 6 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 6-4-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 26-49 while their over/under record sits at 30-35-12.
Dylan Larkin has accumulated 44 total points this season for the Red Wings. He has 22 goals this season with 210 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 22 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Henrik Zetterberg has averaged 0 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 0% by scoring 13 goals on 200 shots. He has 34 assists giving him a total of 47 points on the season. Petr Mrazek has 27 wins and 16 losses this season in net for the Red Wings. He has had 1,440 shots against him and has given up 115 goals. He has made 1,325 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Nazem Kadri has accumulated 44 total points this season for the Maple Leafs. He has 17 goals this season with 257 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 27 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Leo Komarov has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 19 goals on 129 shots. He has 17 assists giving him a total of 36 points on the season. Jonathan Bernier has 11 wins and 20 losses this season in net for the Maple Leafs. He has had 1,034 shots against him and has given up 96 goals. He has made 938 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Red Wings have 87 total points this season. They have scored 196 goals while giving up 207 goals. They have had 249 power play opportunities and have scored 47 goals on those chances for a percentage of 19%. The Red Wings have allowed 257 power play opportunities and given up 49 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.51% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Maple Leafs have a total of 67 points on the season. They have 38 power play goals on 247 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 15%. They have allowed 252 power play opportunities and have given up 49 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. As a team, the Red Wings have a total of 181 goals scored while they've given up 220 goals to this point. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 7.60%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Detroit has a Corsi percentage of 51.5% as they've attempted 4,211 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,961 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.4% as they have 3,182 attempts while they've given up 3,130 shots on the defensive end. The Red Wings start possessions in the offensive zone 54.1% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 45.9% for the season. They have 2,260 face off wins compared to 2,216 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 50.5%. On defense Detroit has 1,553 hits and they've blocked 831 shots from the opposition.
Toronto has attempted 4,760 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,244 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 52.9% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 51.7% as they have 3,511 shots while they've given up 3,277 attempts on defense. The Maple Leafs have an offensive zone percentage of 51.4% and their defensive zone percentage is 48.6% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50.9% as they've compiled 2,475 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,388 face off losses. On defense Toronto has blocked 967 shot attempts and they have 2,027 hits as a unit.
Detroit Red Wings Betting Trends
The Detroit Red Wings are 37-39 straight up
The Detroit Red Wings are 30-34-13 against the over/under
Toronto Maple Leafs Betting Trends
The Toronto Maple Leafs are 26-49 straight up
The Toronto Maple Leafs are 30-35-12 against the over/under
Detroit Red Wings Injuries
10/15/15 C Johan Franzen Concussion out indefinitely
01/11/16 LW Drew Miller Knee out 4-6 months
Toronto Maple Leafs Injuries
11/17/15 RW Nathan Horton Back out indefinitely
10/17/15 D Stephane Robidas Knee out for season
04/01/16 C Byron Froese Hand is upgraded to probable Saturday vs. Detroit
03/29/16 D Viktor Loov Upper Body out indefinitely
03/26/16 C Leo Komarov Lower Body out indefinitely
03/26/16 LW Nikita Soshinkov Upper Body out indefinitely
03/19/16 C Peter Holland Upper Body expected to miss 1-2 weeks
03/12/16 D Jared Cowen Hip out indefinitely
03/08/16 D Matt Hunwick Hernia out for season
02/25/16 LW James Van Riemsdyk Foot out for season
02/25/16 LW Joffrey Lupul Hernia out for season
Josh's Pick: Take Toronto
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.