Sunday, November 6, 2016
Joe Louis Arena
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Edmonton Oilers travel to Joe Louis Arena to play the Detroit Red Wings on Sunday, November 6, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Oilers at +127 and the Red Wings at -159. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Edmonton comes into this matchup having played 11 games. They have an overall record of 7-3-1 and on the road they have a record of 3-1-1. Currently they are 1st in the Pacific Division. They've scored 34 goals and given up 27 goals for a point differential of +7. The Oilers have an overall record of 6-3-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 7-4 and an over/under record of 4-7-0. Detroit shows up with a record of 6-5-1 including 4-3-0 at home this season. They are 4th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 34 goals and surrendered 33 for a goal differential of +1. The Red Wings have a record of 6-3-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 5-6 while their over/under record sits at 7-4-1.
Connor McDavid has accumulated 13 total points this season for the Oilers. He has 5 goals this season with 29 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 17%. He has a total of 8 assists on the season and averages 21 minutes played per game. Leon Draisaitl has averaged 16 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 2 goals on 21 shots. He has 4 assists giving him a total of 6 points on the season. Cam Talbot has 7 wins and 3 losses this season in net for the Oilers. He has had 341 shots against him and has given up 25 goals. He has made 316 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Mike Green has accumulated 9 total points this season for the Red Wings. He has 3 goals this season with 19 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 16%. He has a total of 6 assists on the season and averages 24 minutes played per game. Thomas Vanek has averaged 13 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 31% by scoring 4 goals on 13 shots. He has 4 assists giving him a total of 8 points on the season. Petr Mrazek has 4 wins and 4 losses this season in net for the Red Wings. He has had 280 shots against him and has given up 27 goals. He has made 253 saves for a save percentage of 90%.
The Oilers have 15 total points this season. They have scored 34 goals while giving up 27 goals. They have had 33 power play opportunities and have scored 5 goals on those chances for a percentage of 15%. The Oilers have allowed 33 power play opportunities and given up 3 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 91%. They average 31 shots per game and as a team are shooting 10.12% for the season to this point. They allow 31 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 93%.
The Red Wings have a total of 13 points on the season. They have 8 power play goals on 45 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 18%. They have allowed 39 power play opportunities and have given up 7 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. As a team, the Oilers have a total of 34 goals scored while they've given up 33 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.94%. As a team they give up 33 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Edmonton has a Corsi percentage of 48% as they've attempted 589 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 638 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 48% as they have 440 attempts while they've given up 476 shots on the defensive end. The Oilers start possessions in the offensive zone 48.3% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 51.7% for the season. They have 332 face off wins compared to 348 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 48.8%. On defense Edmonton has 265 hits and they've blocked 162 shots from the opposition.
Detroit has attempted 590 shots at full strength and they've given up 695 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 45.9% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 45.8% as they have 450 shots while they've given up 533 attempts on defense. The Red Wings have an offensive zone percentage of 47.9% and their defensive zone percentage is 52.1% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50.7% as they've compiled 365 face off wins this season and they have suffered 355 face off losses. On defense Detroit has blocked 162 shot attempts and they have 220 hits as a unit.
Edmonton Oilers Betting Trends
The Edmonton Oilers are 7-4 straight up
The Edmonton Oilers are 4-7-0 against the over/under
Detroit Red Wings Betting Trends
The Detroit Red Wings are 5-6 straight up
The Detroit Red Wings are 7-4-1 against the over/under
Edmonton Oilers Injuries
10/21/16 D Andrew Ference Hip out indefinitely
10/20/16 D Mark Fayne Leg out indefinitely
10/18/16 LW Drake Caggiula Hip out indefinitely
10/17/16 LW Matt Hendricks Knee out indefinitely
10/14/16 D Brandon Davidson Shoulder out indefinitely
10/09/16 RW Iiro Pakarinen Knee out indefinitely
Detroit Red Wings Injuries
11/04/16 LW Thomas Vanek Lower Body expected to miss 2-3 weeks
10/27/16 C Joe Vitale Concussion out indefinitely
10/15/15 C Johan Franzen Concussion out indefinitely
10/10/16 RW Tomas Jurco Back out indefinitely
Guy's Pick: Take Detroit
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.