Saturday, February 6, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Edmonton Oilers travel to Bell Centre to play the Montreal Canadiens on Saturday, February 6, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Oilers at +101 and the Canadiens at -111. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Edmonton comes into this matchup having played 52 games. They have an overall record of 21-26-5 and on the road they have a record of 7-16-4. Currently they are 7th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 134 goals and given up 152 goals for a point differential of -18. The Oilers have 5 overtime losses including 1 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 4-4-2. For the season they have an ATS record of 21-31 and an over/under record of 27-21-4. Montreal shows up with a record of 24-24-4 including 12-11-2 at home this season. They are 5th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 140 goals and surrendered 142 for a goal differential of -2. The Canadiens have 4 losses in OT and 1 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 1-8-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 24-28 while their over/under record sits at 25-19-8.
Taylor Hall has accumulated 50 total points this season for the Oilers. He has 18 goals this season with 196 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 32 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Leon Draisaitl has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 17% by scoring 14 goals on 82 shots. He has 26 assists giving him a total of 40 points on the season. Anders Nilsson has 10 wins and 11 losses this season in net for the Oilers. He has had 722 shots against him and has given up 70 goals. He has made 652 saves for a save percentage of 90%.
Tomas Plekanec has accumulated 35 total points this season for the Canadiens. He has 9 goals this season with 130 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 26 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Max Pacioretty has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 9% by scoring 19 goals on 204 shots. He has 18 assists giving him a total of 37 points on the season. Mike Condon has 13 wins and 15 losses this season in net for the Canadiens. He has had 850 shots against him and has given up 81 goals. He has made 769 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Oilers have 47 total points this season. They have scored 130 goals while giving up 151 goals. They have had 151 power play opportunities and have scored 29 goals on those chances for a percentage of 19%. The Oilers have allowed 155 power play opportunities and given up 29 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.65% for the season to this point. They allow 31 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Canadiens have a total of 52 points on the season. They have 32 power play goals on 178 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 18%. They have allowed 166 power play opportunities and have given up 28 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. As a team, the Oilers have a total of 137 goals scored while they've given up 141 goals to this point. They average 32 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.27%. As a team they give up 28 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
Edmonton has a Corsi percentage of 48.8% as they've attempted 2,744 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,879 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 48.1% as they have 1,993 attempts while they've given up 2,147 shots on the defensive end. The Oilers start possessions in the offensive zone 49.4% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 50.6% for the season. They have 1,517 face off wins compared to 1,549 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 49.5%. On defense Edmonton has 1,089 hits and they've blocked 732 shots from the opposition.
Montreal has attempted 2,921 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,524 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 53.6% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 53.1% as they have 2,132 shots while they've given up 1,883 attempts on defense. The Canadiens have an offensive zone percentage of 51.4% and their defensive zone percentage is 48.6% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 51.1% as they've compiled 1,606 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,537 face off losses. On defense Montreal has blocked 641 shot attempts and they have 1,061 hits as a unit.
Edmonton Oilers Betting Trends
The Edmonton Oilers are 21-31 straight up
The Edmonton Oilers are 27-21-4 against the over/under
Montreal Canadiens Betting Trends
The Montreal Canadiens are 24-28 straight up
The Montreal Canadiens are 25-19-8 against the over/under
Edmonton Oilers Injuries
12/21/15 D Andrew Ference Hip out for season
12/15/15 D Oscar Klefbom Staph Infection out indefinitely
01/18/16 C Ryan Nugent-Hopkins Hand out 6-8 weeks
Montreal Canadiens Injuries
01/27/16 F Daniel Carr Knee expected to miss 3 months
01/21/16 GO Carey Price Knee expected to miss another 3-4 weeks
Josh's Pick: Take Montreal
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.