Tuesday, October 25, 2016
Consol Energy Center
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Florida Panthers travel to Consol Energy Center to play the Pittsburgh Penguins on Tuesday, October 25, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Panthers at +138 and the Penguins at -172. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Florida comes into this matchup having played 5 games. They have an overall record of 3-1-1 and on the road they have a record of 0-0-1. Currently they are 4th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 16 goals and given up 12 goals for a point differential of +4. For the season they have an ATS record of 3-2 and an over/under record of 3-1-1. Pittsburgh shows up with a record of 3-2-1 including 3-0-1 at home this season. They are 3rd in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 13 goals and surrendered 19 for a goal differential of -6. Their record against the spread is 2-3 while their over/under record sits at 2-2-2.
Aleksander Barkov has accumulated 5 total points this season for the Panthers. He has 2 goals this season with 11 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 18%. He has a total of 3 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Jon Marchessault has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 19% by scoring 3 goals on 16 shots. He has 4 assists giving him a total of 7 points on the season. Roberto Luongo has 3 wins and 1 loss this season in net for the Panthers. He has had 103 shots against him and has given up 8 goals. He has made 95 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Evgeni Malkin has accumulated 5 total points this season for the Penguins. He has 2 goals this season with 16 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He has a total of 3 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Patric Hornqvist has averaged 15 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 2 goals on 21 shots. He has 3 assists giving him a total of 5 points on the season. Marc-Andre Fleury has 3 wins and 2 losses this season in net for the Penguins. He has had 197 shots against him and has given up 19 goals. He has made 178 saves for a save percentage of 90%.
The Panthers have 7 total points this season. They have scored 16 goals while giving up 12 goals. They have had 18 power play opportunities and have scored 2 goals on those chances for a percentage of 11%. The Panthers have allowed 11 power play opportunities and given up 1 goal on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 91%. They average 34 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.47% for the season to this point. They allow 26 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Penguins have a total of 7 points on the season. They have 5 power play goals on 25 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 20%. They have allowed 25 power play opportunities and have given up 5 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. As a team, the Panthers have a total of 13 goals scored while they've given up 19 goals to this point. They average 33 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 6.60%. As a team they give up 34 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Florida has a Corsi percentage of 58.8% as they've attempted 293 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 205 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 59% as they have 240 attempts while they've given up 167 shots on the defensive end. The Panthers start possessions in the offensive zone 63.4% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 36.6% for the season. They have 159 face off wins compared to 150 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 51.5%. On defense Florida has 83 hits and they've blocked 38 shots from the opposition.
Pittsburgh has attempted 353 shots at full strength and they've given up 351 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 50.1% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.4% as they have 268 shots while they've given up 264 attempts on defense. The Penguins have an offensive zone percentage of 53.2% and their defensive zone percentage is 46.8% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50.6% as they've compiled 210 face off wins this season and they have suffered 205 face off losses. On defense Pittsburgh has blocked 87 shot attempts and they have 164 hits as a unit.
Florida Panthers Betting Trends
The Florida Panthers are 3-2 straight up
The Florida Panthers are 3-1-1 against the over/under
Pittsburgh Penguins Betting Trends
The Pittsburgh Penguins are 2-3 straight up
The Pittsburgh Penguins are 2-2-2 against the over/under
Florida Panthers Injuries
10/22/16 LW Jussi Jokinen Lower Body "?" Tuesday vs Pittsburgh
10/10/16 LW Jonathan Huberdeau Ankle expected to miss 3-4 months
10/08/16 C Nick Bjugstad Hand expected to miss 4 weeks
Pittsburgh Penguins Injuries
10/24/16 LW Conor Sheary Eye "?" Tuesday vs. Florida
10/24/16 D Kris Letang Upper Body "?" Tuesday vs. Florida
10/24/16 C Sidney Crosby Concussion is upgraded to "?" Tuesday vs. Florida
10/21/16 D Derrick Pouliot Lower Body out indefinitely
Josh's Pick: Take Pittsburgh
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.