Tuesday, October 18, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Florida Panthers travel to Amalie Arena to play the Tampa Bay Lightning on Tuesday, October 18, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Panthers at +215 and the Lightning at +108. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Florida comes into this matchup after having a regular season record of 47-26-9 last season and on the road they had a record of 22-15-4. They finished 1st in the Atlantic Division. They scored 239 goals and gave up 203 goals for a point differential of +36. The Panthers had 9 overtime losses including 3 of them in a shootout. In their last 10 games they had an overall record of 7-3-0. For the season they had an ATS record of 44-35 and an over/under record of 33-31-18. Tampa Bay had a regular season record of 46-31-5 including 25-13-3 at home last season. They were 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They scored 227 goals and surrendered 201 for a goal differential of +26. The Lightning had 5 losses in OT and 3 of them occurred in a shootout. They had a record of 5-5-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread was 45-35 while their over/under record sat at 34-38-10.
Jaromir Jagr accumulated 66 total points last season for the Panthers. He had 27 goals last year with 143 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 19%. He had a total of 39 assists on the season and averaged 17 minutes played per game. Jussi Jokinen averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game last year. In that time he had a shooting percentage of 12% by scoring 18 goals on 153 shots. He had 42 assists giving him a total of 60 points on the season. Roberto Luongo had 35 wins and 19 losses last season in net for the Panthers. He had 1,801 shots against him and gave up 141 goals. He made 1,660 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Nikita Kucherov accumulated 66 total points last season for the Lightning. He had 30 goals last year with 209 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He had a total of 36 assists on the season and averaged 18 minutes played per game. Victor Hedman averaged 23 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he had a shooting percentage of 6% by scoring 10 goals on 180 shots. He had 37 assists giving him a total of 47 points on the season. Ben Bishop had 35 wins and 21 losses this season in net for the Lightning. He had 1,672 shots against him and gave up 123 goals. He made 1,549 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
The Panthers had 103 total points last season. They scored 239 goals while giving up 203 goals. They had 278 power play opportunities and scored 47 goals on those chances for a percentage of 17%. The Panthers allowed 268 power play opportunities and gave up 55 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%. They averaged 29 shots per game and as a team they shot 10.14% for the season. They allowed 29 shots to their opposition per contest and had a team save percentage of 92%.
The Lightning had a total of 97 points on the season. They had 44 power play goals on 279 opportunities for a percentage of 16%. They allowed 257 power play opportunities and gave up 41 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. As a team, the Panthers had a total of 227 goals scored while they gave up 201 goals during the campaign. They averaged 29 shots per contest and had a team shooting percentage of 9.45%. As a team they gave up 29 shots per game and had a save percentage of 92%.
Florida had a Corsi percentage of 49.1% as they attempted 4,101 shots on net at full strength while they gave up 4,253 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage was at 49.2% as they had 3,213 attempts while they gave up 3,311 shots on the defensive end. The Panthers started possessions in the offensive zone 49.2% of the time while their defensive zone percentage was at 50.8% for the season. They had 2,548 face off wins compared to 2,540 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage was 50.1%. On defense Florida had 1,910 hits and they blocked 942 shots from the opposition.
Tampa Bay attempted 4,533 shots at full strength and they gave up 4,345 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage was at 51.1% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they were at 50.5% as they had 3,391 shots while they gave up 3,318 attempts on defense. The Lightning had an offensive zone percentage of 53.3% and their defensive zone percentage was 46.7% this season. They had a faceoff win percentage of 49.5% as they compiled 2,372 face off wins this season and they suffered 2,421 face off losses. On defense Tampa Bay blocked 1,027 shot attempts and they had 1,682 hits as a unit.
Florida Panthers Betting Trends
The Florida Panthers were 44-35 straight up last season
The Florida Panthers were 33-31-18 against the over/under
Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Trends
The Tampa Bay Lightning were 45-35 straight up last season
The Tampa Bay Lightning were 34-38-10 against the over/under
Florida Panthers Injuries
10/10/16 LW Jonathan Huberdeau Ankle expected to miss 3-4 months
10/08/16 C Nick Bjugstad Hand expected to miss 4 weeks
Tampa Bay Lightning Injuries
10/08/16 RW Ryan Callahan Hip expected to miss a month
Guy's Pick: Take Tampa Bay
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.