Friday, December 23, 2016
American Airlines Center
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Los Angeles Kings travel to American Airlines Center to play the Dallas Stars on Friday, December 23, 2016.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Los Angeles comes into this matchup having played 32 games. They have an overall record of 16-13-3 and on the road they have a record of 6-9-2. Currently they are 5th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 81 goals and given up 81 goals for a point differential of 0. The Kings have an overall record of 4-4-2 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 15-16 and an over/under record of 11-15-6. Dallas shows up with a record of 13-14-7 including 9-5-3 at home this season. They are 5th in the Central Division. They've scored 86 goals and surrendered 104 for a goal differential of -18. The Stars have a record of 4-5-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 13-21 while their over/under record sits at 15-19-0.
Tyler Toffoli has accumulated 20 total points this season for the Kings. He has 8 goals this season with 93 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 12 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Jeff Carter has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 16 goals on 105 shots. He has 10 assists giving him a total of 26 points on the season. Peter Budaj has 14 wins and 8 losses this season in net for the Kings. He has had 654 shots against him and has given up 55 goals. He has made 599 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Jamie Benn has accumulated 28 total points this season for the Stars. He has 9 goals this season with 78 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 19 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Tyler Seguin has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 9% by scoring 10 goals on 117 shots. He has 22 assists giving him a total of 32 points on the season. Antti Niemi has 7 wins and 4 losses this season in net for the Stars. He has had 529 shots against him and has given up 47 goals. He has made 482 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Kings have 35 total points this season. They have scored 81 goals while giving up 81 goals. They have had 95 power play opportunities and have scored 15 goals on those chances for a percentage of 16%. The Kings have allowed 105 power play opportunities and given up 17 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.39% for the season to this point. They allow 26 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Stars have a total of 33 points on the season. They have 21 power play goals on 124 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 17%. They have allowed 116 power play opportunities and have given up 26 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 78%. As a team, the Kings have a total of 86 goals scored while they've given up 104 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.61%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
Los Angeles has a Corsi percentage of 54.1% as they've attempted 1,901 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,615 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 54.4% as they have 1,390 attempts while they've given up 1,166 shots on the defensive end. The Kings start possessions in the offensive zone 53.7% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 46.3% for the season. They have 988 face off wins compared to 958 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 50.8%. On defense Los Angeles has 987 hits and they've blocked 449 shots from the opposition.
Dallas has attempted 1,960 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,018 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 49.3% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50% as they have 1,458 shots while they've given up 1,457 attempts on defense. The Stars have an offensive zone percentage of 46.1% and their defensive zone percentage is 53.9% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.2% as they've compiled 1,068 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,103 face off losses. On defense Dallas has blocked 561 shot attempts and they have 676 hits as a unit.
Los Angeles Kings Betting Trends
The Los Angeles Kings are 15-16 straight up
The Los Angeles Kings are 11-15-6 against the over/under
Dallas Stars Betting Trends
The Dallas Stars are 13-21 straight up
The Dallas Stars are 15-19-0 against the over/under
Los Angeles Kings Injuries
12/21/16 RW Dustin Brown Upper Body is upgraded to probable Thursday vs. Nashville
10/30/16 D Brayden McNabb Collarbone out indefinitely
10/13/16 GO Jonathan Quick Groin out 5 months
Dallas Stars Injuries
12/16/16 C Cody Eakin Suspension expected to miss 4 games; eligible to return Dec 29 vs Colorado
12/07/16 D Julius Honka Wrist out indefinitely
12/05/16 LW Patrick Sharp Concussion out indefinitely
11/01/16 C Mattias Janmark Knee expected to miss 5-6 months
10/31/16 RW Ales Hemsky Hip expected to miss 5-6 months
Guy's Pick: Take Dallas
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.