Thursday, December 22, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Los Angeles Kings travel to Bridgestone Arena to play the Nashville Predators on Thursday, December 22, 2016.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Los Angeles comes into this matchup having played 32 games. They have an overall record of 16-13-2 and on the road they have a record of 6-9-2. Currently they are 5th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 81 goals and given up 81 goals for a point differential of 0. The Kings have an overall record of 4-4-2 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 15-16 and an over/under record of 11-15-6. Nashville shows up with a record of 14-12-5 including 10-3-3 at home this season. They are 4th in the Central Division. They've scored 94 goals and surrendered 90 for a goal differential of +4. The Predators have a record of 4-4-2 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 14-17 while their over/under record sits at 17-13-2.
Tyler Toffoli has accumulated 20 total points this season for the Kings. He has 8 goals this season with 90 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 12 assists on the season and averages 18 minutes played per game. Jeff Carter has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 14 goals on 99 shots. He has 10 assists giving him a total of 24 points on the season. Peter Budaj has 14 wins and 8 losses this season in net for the Kings. He has had 627 shots against him and has given up 53 goals. He has made 574 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
P.K. Subban has accumulated 17 total points this season for the Predators. He has 7 goals this season with 80 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 10 assists on the season and averages 25 minutes played per game. Viktor Arvidsson has averaged 16 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 9% by scoring 9 goals on 100 shots. He has 11 assists giving him a total of 20 points on the season. Pekka Rinne has 13 wins and 8 losses this season in net for the Predators. He has had 723 shots against him and has given up 59 goals. He has made 664 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Kings have 34 total points this season. They have scored 79 goals while giving up 78 goals. They have had 93 power play opportunities and have scored 14 goals on those chances for a percentage of 15%. The Kings have allowed 103 power play opportunities and given up 17 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.59% for the season to this point. They allow 26 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Predators have a total of 33 points on the season. They have 21 power play goals on 108 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 19%. They have allowed 95 power play opportunities and have given up 18 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. As a team, the Kings have a total of 89 goals scored while they've given up 89 goals to this point. They average 32 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.86%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Los Angeles has a Corsi percentage of 54% as they've attempted 1,829 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,559 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 54.3% as they have 1,332 attempts while they've given up 1,123 shots on the defensive end. The Kings start possessions in the offensive zone 53.6% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 46.4% for the season. They have 956 face off wins compared to 928 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 50.7%. On defense Los Angeles has 970 hits and they've blocked 436 shots from the opposition.
Nashville has attempted 1,911 shots at full strength and they've given up 1,710 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 52.8% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 51.9% as they have 1,405 shots while they've given up 1,304 attempts on defense. The Predators have an offensive zone percentage of 53.7% and their defensive zone percentage is 46.3% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.5% as they've compiled 942 face off wins this season and they have suffered 960 face off losses. On defense Nashville has blocked 406 shot attempts and they have 637 hits as a unit.
Los Angeles Kings Betting Trends
The Los Angeles Kings are 15-16 straight up
The Los Angeles Kings are 11-15-6 against the over/under
Nashville Predators Betting Trends
The Nashville Predators are 14-17 straight up
The Nashville Predators are 17-13-2 against the over/under
Los Angeles Kings Injuries
12/20/16 RW Dustin Brown Upper Body "?" Thursday vs Nashville
10/30/16 D Brayden McNabb Collarbone out indefinitely
10/13/16 GO Jonathan Quick Groin out 5 months
Nashville Predators Injuries
12/20/16 D P.K. Subban Upper Body "?" Thursday vs. Los Angeles
11/30/16 D Anthony Bitetto Hand out 6 weeks
11/26/16 D Matt Carle None has retired
10/17/16 RW Miikka Salomaki Upper Body expected to miss 6-8 weeks
Tony's Pick: Take Los Angeles
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.