Tuesday, January 5, 2015
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Minnesota Wild travel to Nationwide Arena to play the Columbus Blue Jackets on Tuesday, January 5, 2015. The opening line for this game has the Wild at -136 and the Blue Jackets at +123. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Minnesota comes into this matchup having played 38 games. They have an overall record of 20-11-7 and on the road they have a record of 6-6-6. Currently they are 4th in the Central Division. They've scored 101 goals and given up 90 goals for a point differential of +11. Columbus shows up with a record of 15-22-3 including 7-8-3 at home this season. They are 8th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 103 goals and surrendered 127 for a goal differential of -24.
Mikko Koivu has accumulated 32 total points this season for the Wild. He has 10 goals this season with 66 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 15%. He has a total of 22 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Thomas Vanek has averaged 16 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 12 goals on 81 shots. He has 14 assists giving him a total of 26 points on the season. Devan Dubnyk has 16 wins and 11 losses this season in net for the Wild. He has had 868 shots against him and has given up 69 goals. He has made 799 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Ryan Johansen has accumulated 26 total points this season for the Blue Jackets. He has 6 goals this season with 87 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 20 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Scott Hartnell has averaged 16 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 19% by scoring 15 goals on 79 shots. He has 14 assists giving him a total of 29 points on the season. Sergei Bobrovsky has 11 wins and 12 losses this season in net for the Blue Jackets. He has had 713 shots against him and has given up 60 goals. He has made 653 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Wild have 47 total points this season. They have scored 101 goals while giving up 89 goals. They have had 118 power play opportunities and have scored 22 goals on those chances for a percentage of 19%. The Wild have allowed 94 power play opportunities and given up 20 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.25% for the season to this point. They allow 29 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Blue Jackets have a total of 33 points on the season. They have 23 power play goals on 124 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 19%. They have allowed 144 power play opportunities and have given up 28 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. As a team, the Wild have a total of 101 goals scored while they've given up 126 goals to this point. They average 29 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.76%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
Minnesota Wild Betting Trends
The Minnesota Wild are 20-18 straight up
The Minnesota Wild are 12-19-7 against the over/under
Columbus Blue Jackets Betting Trends
The Columbus Blue Jackets are 13-25 straight up
The Columbus Blue Jackets are 18-19-3 against the over/under
Minnesota Wild Injuries
12/30/15 GO Darcy Kuemper Concussion out indefinitely
01/03/16 C Erik Haula Upper Body "?" Tuesday vs Columbus
Columbus Blue Jackets Injuries
12/30/15 LW Matt Calvert Knee out 4 weeks
11/30/15 LW Markus Hannikainen Shoulder expected to miss 2 months
11/21/15 D Cody Goloubef Jaw expected to miss 6 weeks
01/04/16 GO Curtis McElhinney Lower Body out indefinitely
01/02/16 GO Sergei Bobrovsky Groin expected to miss Tuesday vs Minnesota
Guy's Pick: Take Minnesota
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.