Friday, April 1, 2016
Joe Louis Arena
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Minnesota Wild travel to Joe Louis Arena to play the Detroit Red Wings on Friday, April 1, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Wild at +136 and the Red Wings at -150. The over/under has been set at 5.
Minnesota comes into this matchup having played 77 games. They have an overall record of 38-28-11 and on the road they have a record of 17-15-7. Currently they are 5th in the Central Division. They've scored 210 goals and given up 190 goals for a point differential of +20. The Wild have 11 overtime losses including 2 of them in a shootout. In the past 10 games they have an overall record of 7-2-1. For the season they have an ATS record of 35-39 and an over/under record of 28-33-16. Detroit shows up with a record of 38-28-11 including 20-13-6 at home this season. They are 4th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 198 goals and surrendered 212 for a goal differential of -14. The Red Wings have 11 losses in OT and 5 of them occurred in a shootout. They have a record of 5-5-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 37-39 while their over/under record sits at 30-34-13.
Mikko Koivu has accumulated 55 total points this season for the Wild. He has 17 goals this season with 131 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He has a total of 38 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Thomas Vanek has averaged 16 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 18 goals on 143 shots. He has 23 assists giving him a total of 41 points on the season. Devan Dubnyk has 32 wins and 22 losses this season in net for the Wild. He has had 1,719 shots against him and has given up 137 goals. He has made 1,582 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Dylan Larkin has accumulated 44 total points this season for the Red Wings. He has 22 goals this season with 210 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 22 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Henrik Zetterberg has averaged 0 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 0% by scoring 13 goals on 200 shots. He has 34 assists giving him a total of 47 points on the season. Petr Mrazek has 27 wins and 16 losses this season in net for the Red Wings. He has had 1,440 shots against him and has given up 115 goals. He has made 1,325 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Wild have 87 total points this season. They have scored 207 goals while giving up 188 goals. They have had 246 power play opportunities and have scored 48 goals on those chances for a percentage of 20%. The Wild have allowed 193 power play opportunities and given up 41 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.27% for the season to this point. They allow 29 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Red Wings have a total of 87 points on the season. They have 47 power play goals on 249 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 19%. They have allowed 257 power play opportunities and have given up 49 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. As a team, the Wild have a total of 196 goals scored while they've given up 207 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.51%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Minnesota has a Corsi percentage of 48.7% as they've attempted 4,100 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,316 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 49.3% as they have 3,076 attempts while they've given up 3,167 shots on the defensive end. The Wild start possessions in the offensive zone 51.8% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 48.2% for the season. They have 2,441 face off wins compared to 2,222 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 52.3%. On defense Minnesota has 1,322 hits and they've blocked 1,149 shots from the opposition.
Detroit has attempted 4,211 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,961 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 51.5% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.4% as they have 3,182 shots while they've given up 3,130 attempts on defense. The Red Wings have an offensive zone percentage of 54.1% and their defensive zone percentage is 45.9% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50.5% as they've compiled 2,260 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,216 face off losses. On defense Detroit has blocked 831 shot attempts and they have 1,553 hits as a unit.
Minnesota Wild Betting Trends
The Minnesota Wild are 35-39 straight up
The Minnesota Wild are 28-33-16 against the over/under
Detroit Red Wings Betting Trends
The Detroit Red Wings are 37-39 straight up
The Detroit Red Wings are 30-34-13 against the over/under
Minnesota Wild Injuries
03/31/16 C Ryan Carter Shoulder is downgraded to expected to miss Thursday vs. Ottawa
03/31/16 RW David Jones Illness is downgraded to doubtful Thursday vs. Ottawa
Detroit Red Wings Injuries
10/15/15 C Johan Franzen Concussion out indefinitely
01/11/16 LW Drew Miller Knee out 4-6 months
Guy's Pick: Take Detroit
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's Expert Expert NHL Picks.