Thursday, December 22, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Minnesota Wild travel to Bell Centre to play the Montreal Canadiens on Thursday, December 22, 2016.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Minnesota comes into this matchup having played 31 games. They have an overall record of 18-8-4 and on the road they have a record of 7-5-4. Currently they are 2nd in the Central Division. They've scored 91 goals and given up 60 goals for a point differential of +31. The Wild have an overall record of 8-1-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 18-12 and an over/under record of 9-16-6. Montreal shows up with a record of 20-7-4 including 15-2-2 at home this season. They are 1st in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 101 goals and surrendered 70 for a goal differential of +31. The Canadiens have a record of 5-3-2 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 20-11 while their over/under record sits at 12-13-7.
Ryan Suter has accumulated 18 total points this season for the Wild. He has 5 goals this season with 58 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 13 assists on the season and averages 27 minutes played per game. Eric Staal has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by scoring 10 goals on 86 shots. He has 14 assists giving him a total of 24 points on the season. Devan Dubnyk has 15 wins and 6 losses this season in net for the Wild. He has had 732 shots against him and has given up 39 goals. He has made 693 saves for a save percentage of 95%.
Brendan Gallagher has accumulated 17 total points this season for the Canadiens. He has 5 goals this season with 81 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 6%. He has a total of 12 assists on the season and averages 15 minutes played per game. Max Pacioretty has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 12 goals on 90 shots. He has 13 assists giving him a total of 25 points on the season. Carey Price has 17 wins and 4 losses this season in net for the Canadiens. He has had 671 shots against him and has given up 43 goals. He has made 628 saves for a save percentage of 94%.
The Wild have 40 total points this season. They have scored 89 goals while giving up 60 goals. They have had 84 power play opportunities and have scored 14 goals on those chances for a percentage of 17%. The Wild have allowed 89 power play opportunities and given up 14 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 10.13% for the season to this point. They allow 31 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 94%.
The Canadiens have a total of 44 points on the season. They have 19 power play goals on 99 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 19%. They have allowed 114 power play opportunities and have given up 22 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. As a team, the Wild have a total of 96 goals scored while they've given up 69 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 10.32%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 93%.
Minnesota has a Corsi percentage of 48.5% as they've attempted 1,638 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,737 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 48.5% as they have 1,215 attempts while they've given up 1,289 shots on the defensive end. The Wild start possessions in the offensive zone 48.9% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 51.1% for the season. They have 959 face off wins compared to 897 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 51.7%. On defense Minnesota has 469 hits and they've blocked 448 shots from the opposition.
Montreal has attempted 1,804 shots at full strength and they've given up 1,758 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 50.6% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.6% as they have 1,303 shots while they've given up 1,270 attempts on defense. The Canadiens have an offensive zone percentage of 48.8% and their defensive zone percentage is 51.2% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.5% as they've compiled 956 face off wins this season and they have suffered 977 face off losses. On defense Montreal has blocked 488 shot attempts and they have 717 hits as a unit.
Minnesota Wild Betting Trends
The Minnesota Wild are 18-12 straight up
The Minnesota Wild are 9-16-6 against the over/under
Montreal Canadiens Betting Trends
The Montreal Canadiens are 20-11 straight up
The Montreal Canadiens are 12-13-7 against the over/under
Minnesota Wild Injuries
12/20/16 C Erik Haula Lower Body out indefinitely
10/10/16 D Victor Bartley Tricep out indefinitely
Montreal Canadiens Injuries
12/20/16 D Andrei Markov Lower Body "?" Thursday vs Minnesota
12/20/16 RW Sven Andrighetto Upper Body "?" Thursday vs Minnesota
12/16/16 C Andrew Shaw Concussion out indefinitely
12/10/16 D Greg Pateryn Ankle expected to miss 8 weeks
12/07/16 C Alex Galchenyuk Knee expected to miss 6-8 weeks
12/07/16 C David Desharnais Lower Body expected to miss 6-8 weeks
Guy's Pick: Take Minnesota
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.