Thursday, December 15, 2016
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Minnesota Wild head to Bridgestone Arena to take on the Nashville Predators on Thursday, December 15, 2016. The opening line for this matchup has the Wild at +118 and the Predators at -130. The over/under is 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Minnesota comes into this game having played 28 contests. They have an overall record of 16-8-4 and away from home they have a record of 6-5-4. Currently they are 2nd in the Central Division. They've tallied 80 goals and surrendered 57 goals for a point differential of +23. The Wild have an overall record of 7-1-2 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 15-12 and an over/under record of 8-15-5. Nashville comes into this game with a record of 13-11-4 including 10-2-2 at home this season. They are 4th in the Central Division. They've scored 84 goals and surrendered 81 for a goal differential of +3. The Predators have a record of 5-4-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 13-15 while their over/under record sits at 15-11-2.
Ryan Suter has accumulated 17 total points this season for the Wild. He has 4 goals this season with 57 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 13 assists on the season and averages 27 minutes played per game. Eric Staal has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 8% by scoring 6 goals on 77 shots. He has 13 assists giving him a total of 19 points on the season. Devan Dubnyk has 13 wins and 6 losses this season in net for the Wild. He has had 666 shots against him and has given up 36 goals. He has made 630 saves for a save percentage of 95%.
P.K. Subban has accumulated 17 total points this season for the Predators. He has 7 goals this season with 72 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 10 assists on the season and averages 25 minutes played per game. Viktor Arvidsson has averaged 16 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 9 goals on 90 shots. He has 8 assists giving him a total of 17 points on the season. Pekka Rinne has 11 wins and 7 losses this season in net for the Predators. He has had 648 shots against him and has given up 52 goals. He has made 596 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Wild have 36 total points this season. They have scored 80 goals while giving up 57 goals. They have had 79 power play opportunities and have scored 12 goals on those chances for a percentage of 15%. The Wild have allowed 85 power play opportunities and given up 13 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 85%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.64% for the season to this point. They allow 31 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 94%.
The Predators have a total of 30 points on the season. They have 20 power play goals on 100 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 20%. They have allowed 88 power play opportunities and have given up 17 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. As a team, the Wild have a total of 84 goals scored while they've given up 81 goals to this point. They average 32 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.27%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Minnesota has a Corsi percentage of 48.6% as they've attempted 1,530 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,621 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 48.7% as they have 1,137 attempts while they've given up 1,197 shots on the defensive end. The Wild start possessions in the offensive zone 49.3% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 50.7% for the season. They have 896 face off wins compared to 836 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 51.7%. On defense Minnesota has 449 hits and they've blocked 424 shots from the opposition.
Nashville has attempted 1,715 shots at full strength and they've given up 1,553 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 52.5% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 51.6% as they have 1,262 shots while they've given up 1,184 attempts on defense. The Predators have an offensive zone percentage of 53% and their defensive zone percentage is 47% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.7% as they've compiled 858 face off wins this season and they have suffered 867 face off losses. On defense Nashville has blocked 369 shot attempts and they have 563 hits as a unit.
Minnesota Wild Betting Trends
The Minnesota Wild are 15-12 straight up
The Minnesota Wild are 8-15-5 against the over/under
Nashville Predators Betting Trends
The Nashville Predators are 13-15 straight up
The Nashville Predators are 15-11-2 against the over/under
Minnesota Wild Injuries
11/01/16 C Zac Dalpe Knee out 4-6 weeks
10/10/16 D Victor Bartley Tricep out indefinitely
Nashville Predators Injuries
11/30/16 D Anthony Bitetto Hand out 6 weeks
11/26/16 D Matt Carle None has retired
10/17/16 RW Miikka Salomaki Upper Body expected to miss 6-8 weeks
Guy's Pick: Take Minnesota +118
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.