Wednesday, December 7, 2016
Air Canada Centre
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Minnesota Wild travel to Air Canada Centre to play the Toronto Maple Leafs on Wednesday, December 7, 2016. The opening line for this game has the Wild at +100 and the Maple Leafs at -110. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Minnesota comes into this matchup having played 24 games. They have an overall record of 12-8-4 and on the road they have a record of 5-5-4. Currently they are 3rd in the Central Division. They've scored 66 goals and given up 51 goals for a point differential of +15. The Wild have an overall record of 4-3-3 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 12-12 and an over/under record of 7-13-4. Toronto shows up with a record of 10-9-5 including 8-3-0 at home this season. They are 7th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 72 goals and surrendered 77 for a goal differential of -5. The Maple Leafs have a record of 4-4-2 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 10-14 while their over/under record sits at 13-11-0.
Ryan Suter has accumulated 16 total points this season for the Wild. He has 4 goals this season with 52 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 12 assists on the season and averages 27 minutes played per game. Eric Staal has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 7% by scoring 5 goals on 71 shots. He has 12 assists giving him a total of 17 points on the season. Devan Dubnyk has 10 wins and 6 losses this season in net for the Wild. He has had 579 shots against him and has given up 31 goals. He has made 548 saves for a save percentage of 95%.
Auston Matthews has accumulated 19 total points this season for the Maple Leafs. He has 11 goals this season with 89 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 8 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Nazem Kadri has averaged 16 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 10 goals on 69 shots. He has 7 assists giving him a total of 17 points on the season. Frederik Andersen has 10 wins and 6 losses this season in net for the Maple Leafs. He has had 641 shots against him and has given up 56 goals. He has made 585 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Wild have 28 total points this season. They have scored 66 goals while giving up 51 goals. They have had 70 power play opportunities and have scored 12 goals on those chances for a percentage of 17%. The Wild have allowed 72 power play opportunities and given up 12 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.08% for the season to this point. They allow 31 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 93%.
The Maple Leafs have a total of 25 points on the season. They have 13 power play goals on 72 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 18%. They have allowed 75 power play opportunities and have given up 11 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 85%. As a team, the Wild have a total of 72 goals scored while they've given up 77 goals to this point. They average 33 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.21%. As a team they give up 33 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Minnesota has a Corsi percentage of 49.5% as they've attempted 1,337 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,366 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 49.3% as they have 992 attempts while they've given up 1,022 shots on the defensive end. The Wild start possessions in the offensive zone 49.6% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 50.4% for the season. They have 769 face off wins compared to 713 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 51.9%. On defense Minnesota has 372 hits and they've blocked 344 shots from the opposition.
Toronto has attempted 1,453 shots at full strength and they've given up 1,459 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 49.9% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.1% as they have 1,097 shots while they've given up 1,093 attempts on defense. The Maple Leafs have an offensive zone percentage of 50.5% and their defensive zone percentage is 49.5% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49% as they've compiled 712 face off wins this season and they have suffered 740 face off losses. On defense Toronto has blocked 366 shot attempts and they have 608 hits as a unit.
Minnesota Wild Betting Trends
The Minnesota Wild are 12-12 straight up
The Minnesota Wild are 7-13-4 against the over/under
Toronto Maple Leafs Betting Trends
The Toronto Maple Leafs are 10-14 straight up
The Toronto Maple Leafs are 13-11-0 against the over/under
Minnesota Wild Injuries
11/26/16 D Christian Folin Knee expected to miss 3-4 weeks
11/01/16 C Zac Dalpe Knee out 4-6 weeks
10/10/16 D Victor Bartley Tricep out indefinitely
Toronto Maple Leafs Injuries
12/03/16 D Stephane Robidas Knee "?" Wednesday vs Minnesota
11/29/16 C Peter Holland Personal out indefinitely
10/18/16 LW Josh Leivo Lower Body out indefinitely
10/09/16 LW Joffrey Lupul Abdominal out indefinitely
10/09/16 RW Nathan Horton Back out indefinitely
Tony's Pick: Take Toronto -110
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.